cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.com domain transfer in

N/A

.com domain transfer in

I have a .com domain name with another company that I would like to transfer in and have pointed to my plus-net web space. I have only owned the domain for about 2 weeks does this mean I cant do the transfer yet?

Also what steps do I need to take if I can tranfer in the domain. Idiots guide required here please?? Cheesy
11 REPLIES
N/A

.com domain transfer in

You can do what you like with the domain. Hopefully you haven't paid somebody to host it for many years already.....

Go here and click on TRANSFER IN. PlusNet will do the rest.
[/url]
N/A

.com domain transfer in

The reason I asked is I read some where that you cannot transfer a domain if the domain has already been (registered or transferred) less than 60 days ago with another registration company before it can be transfered again. I'm a little confused with the terminology used here. :?

I wish for the domain to be hosted by plusnet and pointed to my web space the admin side of things can stay with the other company. Am I correct in thinking this is possible and that the above statement doesn't apply? :?

When I try the TRANSFER IN I get the following error:
Cry
Sorry this domain name is not a network solutions domain - contact support to transfer this domain in wards.

Does this mean I need to raise a support ticket to sort this out.

Hopefully you haven't paid somebody to host it for many years already.....

No I only purchased the domain with no hosting package as it works out cheaper than to purchase through plusnet
N/A

.com domain transfer in

The reason I asked is I read some where that you cannot transfer a domain if the domain has already been (registered or transferred) less than 60 days ago with another registration company before it can be transfered again.

Not sure about that one.
I wish for the domain to be hosted by plusnet and pointed to my web space the admin side of things can stay with the other company.

This certainly can be done. What this means is that you will ask the other company to host your domain (really meaning DNS records), while PlusNet host your web site.

If that's how you want to do it then I think all-in-all your best bet is to raise a ticket with PlusNet and ask them for the details you will need to give to the domain hosts so that they can point the domain name to your PlusNet web space.

However, we did that for a while and it turned out to be a false economy. One company makes a change to their servers and your site goes down. From then on it takes you a day or more to find out (or get them to admit) whether the problem is with company A or B and then you have to get them to fix it. You may find that you are put to the back of the queue because of it. I would recommend transferring the domain into PN completely (raise a ticket and ask for advice seeing as the Transfer In button isn't playing ball), unless there is some real compelling reason not to.
N/A

.com domain transfer in

you cannot transfer a domain if the domain has already been (registered or transferred) less than 60 days ago with another registration company before it can be transfered again.

I found it here under the contact detail changes needed for my domain. I've already made these changes last night and I've done a Whois and they seem to have propagated. I've now raised a support ticket for plusnet to host my domain. It looks like I cant transfer full control over to Plusnet until the 60 day period has elapsed. I'll have to keep looking to verify this is true.

Thanks for the help, I'll drop a post when I get this sorted out so others can benifit from the info.
N/A

.com domain transfer in

I found this aswell
N/A

.com domain transfer in

Yep, this was what I was told (obviously, since that post was by me!). The best thing to do would be to raise a ticket explaining what you want done, and just see what they say. It may be you need to wait the 60 days, in which case you wait. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
rafael
Grafter

.com domain transfer in

I have just purchased a .co.uk domain from plusnet and the same .com domain for another company...

I have understood that the domain .com can be transfered into plusnet...

However what is the cost of this as the other company does not charge to have it transfered out.....

So what will plusnet charge for this transfer?
Are you expected to pay anything extra for the domain...?ie £1 a month...
( I already pay £1 a month for .co.uk domain to plusnet.)

And what happens when it is time to re register the .com domain as i only have it registered for 1 year...?
N/A

.com domain transfer in

And what happens when it is time to re register the .com domain

When you transfer it in you can ask Plusnet to automatically re-register it when it expires. I think they charge about £60 for hosting other domain names
N/A

RE: Cost

Ive just registered a .co.uk domain with PlusNet, which currently costs me £1.00 per/month. How much would it cost to transfer a domain away from PlusNet?

Also do Plusnet give customers access to Zone files etc..

Thanks in advance..
N/A

.com domain transfer in

You won't pay PlusNet anything to transfer away, although there is likely to be an admin charge from the hosts you transfer to.
N/A

.com domain transfer in

rafael. You are not charged any transfer fees by PlusNet.

However, there is a limit on how many domains are hosted free of charge.

Djism. No zone file access is provided, however, they can and will help you with changes raised through the link:contact us system. How much they will help at this point I am not 100% cure on.

There is a charge for trasnfering the £1 a month domain away from PlusNet. This is only if you have not completed the full term of the domain.

See the information available on the £1 a month domain for details on this charge.