cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bandwith ?

N/A

bandwith ?

just woundering about bandwith what happens if i go over 3 gig i have a 1mb conection iwas just browseing around and noticed bandwith do i have so mutch to use
thanks gareth
10 REPLIES
N/A

bandwith ?

You have a 1MB connection, which means you can download upto 1MB a second.

Your usage which is seperate, is dependant on the account you have signed up to. If for example you have signed up to an account with a 3GB usage limit, once you have downloaded 3GB you will be charged for anything else you download within the current month.

Aaron
csogilvie
Grafter

bandwith ?

1MB connection = 1 megaBITS not 1megaBytes which means you can download a theoretical maximum of 128kiloBytes a second I think.
Community Veteran

bandwith ?

Yes one Byte is 8 bits so divide 1000000 by 8 and your max is 125K Bytes
N/A

bandwith ?

Thanks for your reply iam quite shocked about this because i thought i could download what i wanted i use quite a bit as i have girlfriend on laptop aswell maybe its worth upgrading saying that speed ant that good anyway.

Thaks gareth
Community Veteran

bandwith ?

So what product did you sign up for. Was it 1Mb/s speed with a 3GB download usage limit or a 1Mb/s speed premier product which comes with unlimited download usage?

If it was a limited usage product then why are you surprised that going over this limit incurrs additional costs? If it was the premier product then there is no usage limit so there is nothing to worry about.

Also are you getting confused with the speed of your ADSL connection: 1Mb/s and the usage limit which is a data transfer limit independant of your ADSL speed?

Your reply is somewhat confusing.
N/A

bandwith ?

:shock: I just re-read what I wrote. Sorry meant Mega Bits Shockedops:
N/A

bandwith ?

hi i some times do get comfused with these things iant sure what option i went for. i no i had 521mb and then upgraded to 1mb. as speed goes its a bit faster i supose. thanks
gareth
Community Veteran

bandwith ?

Click on Account Details (on the left) then View My details to see what product you signed up for. If it's 1Mb premier then you have unlimited download usage.
N/A

bandwith ?

Thought i would let you people know i phoned plus.net up they were very helpful as expected i had them check my account out because i upgraded to 1mb there is no limit the counter would just go back to zero.thanks again for all of your help
gareth Smiley
Community Veteran

bandwith ?

Err no. The counter will only go back to zero at the start of each billing period (assuming you don't get the problem when it does not reset or only partially resets). The scale will just keep changing during the month it applies to as your usage increases - as the text I quoted earlier indicates.

In any case, being on an unlimited product it is just for info anyway.