cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bandwidth usage for gaming

vic_newey
Grafter

altho we don't have our +net 512 capped at present I may upgrade to 1meg capped when my current contract ends.
I just wondered how much bandwidth online gaming uses compared to direct downloading of large files etc.
As an example I could download a 200meg file in an hour but how much bandwidth would register in an hours gaming ?
4 REPLIES
N/A

The amount of bandwidth used in gaming varies from server to server, and increases based on the number of players online.

Thhere are also per server rate settings which mean they can use less and more bandwidth.

Gameing does not have any set transfer rates.
vic_newey
Grafter

thanks for that,
just discovered that ' view my usage' is active on my account, whenever I clicked on this in the past it always read 'not available for your account' so I guess I can now do some usage tests Tongue
N/A

hey, i've just had a look at my firewall bandwidth graphs from last night when i was playing call of duty mp and i was doing about 5-10 k up and down which shouldn't take too much of ur monthy limit (depends how much u play of course Wink). i ain't sure about other games tho
vic_newey
Grafter

I guess more bandwidth is used than I would have thought, today I have looked at my e.mails, generally surfed the net on & off, possibly about 45 minutes in total, (mostly looking at +net upgrades etc) & played online for 50 minutes or so & I have used over 40 meg already so it soon adds up