cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aspx filetype

Fixes: 121

aspx filetype

Hi

After completing an on-line form I requested a print-out before submitting to proof-read.

On clicking the print button I was offered a save dialogue box and the resultant file had the .aspx extension.

I have no idea about his file type and a Google search left me even more bewisldered.

Has this been a result of a bug in the web site or can the garbage contained with the file actually be printable? If so, how?

Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

aspx filetype

It's an ASP (active Server Pages) file. i.e. a Microsoft web programming language to create dynamic web pages.

It sounds like the link you clicked on to produce your printout called a .apsx file which the web server it is running on does not recognise, so instead of 'interpreting' the asp language in the file to produce HTML, it gives the option to download because it does not know what to do with that file type.

aspx filetype

Thanks for that Peter.

I've written to the company regarding this.

Cheers

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

aspx filetype

Have had a reply and it seems the co. is aware of the problem.

At least I know it was't me Smiley