cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any help appreciated

N/A

any help appreciated

i am having a total nightmare, so far i have been disconnected from my webspace for 10 days and i dont seem to getting anywhere with the company i use, (they said it might be my end).

In the middle of uploading to my webspace it got slower and slower untill it stopped, whilst i can no longer see the website of use the ftp others can www.pov-guild.com/main nobody seems to be able to help me, i have turned to you guys, you are my last hope, a friend of mine who is an IT guy did a tracert or something, it stops just short of my server (ft worth USA)

Please Help
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

any help appreciated

I am seeing 50% packet loos 2 hops short of your hosting server so it looks like a network problem in the states to me and outside PNs control.

What account type are you on and have you received any traffic management emails from PN yet?
N/A

any help appreciated

I am on 2mbps unlimited with PN. i havent been able to get the traffic management emails from them as i havent been able to get in touch.
You think there is anything i can do my end?
N/A

any help appreciated

can anyother PN users see the website?
Community Veteran

any help appreciated

There is no such thing as an unlimited account. All accounts have traffic management to some degree and for residential, they all have traffic allowances. How much peak time traffic have you used?

I can see the website fine but it is slow to load, probably due to the packet loss problem.
N/A

any help appreciated

Peak usage Off-peak usage Total usage
Web 78.13MB 22.96MB 101.1MB
Email 9.35MB 2.33MB 11.68MB
Broadband phonecalls 0KB 0KB 0KB
Gaming 14.99MB 2.47MB 17.46MB
Streaming 2.03MB 0KB 2.03MB
PlusNet FTP 0KB 0KB 0KB
Peer-to-peer 11.27KB 11.65KB 22.91KB
Usenet 0KB 0KB 0KB
FTP (non PlusNet) 6.76MB 3.24KB 6.77MB
Other 15.34MB 1.09MB 16.44MB
Total usage so far 126.62MB 28.87MB 155.48MB
Community Veteran

any help appreciated

Your figures suggest no speed limiting will be applied to your connection so the problem may still be down to the packet loss in the US. All you can do is wait and see if the FTP connections improve once the packet loss problem is resolved by whomever the routers are owned by.
N/A

any help appreciated

Don`t want to hijack this thread but ive always wondered, would connecting through a different PN gateway route you a different ....erm..........route?
Community Veteran

any help appreciated

Only through PNs network but it would break out at the same place and will take the same route through the UK & US and pass through the bad routers in the US.

The problem is outside of PNs network and control so changing the router/gateway you connect into PN on will not solve the problem of a bad router/route in the US.