cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternate hosting suggestions please

Community Veteran

I have a domain pointed at PN but am fed up with the ongoing mail problems. I also have gmail but I wish to use my domain.
Can anyone please advise on who they think is worthy of consideration.

I'm considering 1&* beginner

Cheers

A
6 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

I'm looking also, someone reccomended this for a low starter price £14.99 a year

http://www.tsohost.co.uk/packages.php

this looks a good one , 3 months free trial

http://www.streamlinenet.co.uk/wh.php
N/A

Give Fuzioned a try...
N/A

I have a colleague that uses Compila - www.compila.com - might try them myself soon.

G
retep
Grafter

I use 1&1 and they are quite reliable for e-mail and hosting. Not good at support and based in Germany so Google UK may take a long time to find a site you put there, it took a year for 1 site I have hosted with them.

For a single site I would go to a UK hosted site, 1&1 are really good if you want to set-up multiple domains with 1 account but thats the next package up from what you were considering anyway.

As you specifically mentioned email they also do a email only package for .81p per month.
N/A

Moved to a more appropriate forum.
Community Veteran

many thanks for all the feedback and ideas.

hi brist,

I do now have a couple of domains and it would be good to have them under one roof. I contact 1&1 and apparently I can host them with them as external domains of which the basic account allows 20

All other providers allow 1 to at most 2 but charge a heck of a lot more. I'm also wanting imap instead of just plain old pop3 so I think I'll be joining you at the end of the week after payday.

Looking forward to uninterupted e-mail after 10 months of unreliable service :-)

A