cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about frontpage 2000 and link to resources

loony
Grafter

ok ,so i have found that website builder is very limited and am now gonna learn how to use frontpage 2000.
i have activated the frontpage extensions ok.
but i have found that the link "microsofts online developer resources" at the bottom of the "website settings" page doesnt work.
is this something that can be sorted from here or do i need to write a ticket?
and any links to info/sites on the net about "how to use frontpage 2000" would be much appreciated.
thanks
jp
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Google is your friend.... Wink

Loads of info and online tutorials on frontpage, just do a search for 'frontpage 2000' in google.

Microsofts developer home page is http://msdn.microsoft.com/ . To find info on frontpage just click on the developer centers link on the top menu bar.

Some of the portal pages are out of date and cosmetic changes are difficult to do easily. Things like broken links and page updates are waiting for the new portal software to be intrioduced which should be soon.
loony
Grafter

thanks peter
searched and found some good info but,
i 've been playing with frontpage and i cant seem to get the vertical spacing between sentences to get closer ,seems to be a big gap between each sentence.
i am just typing size 4(14pt)on a plain background at the moment, no theme.
any ideas?
thanks
jp
Community Veteran

Don't use it and never will - too many security issues with it in the past (and present) so can't help.

Any reason why you chose FP? There are loads of free and cheap HTML editors and web design software around and not all hosting / ISPs support FP extensions which you would need if you moved your site somewhere else.

I guess I just prefer proper HTML rather than FP.
loony
Grafter

thanks again peter
i got frontpage 2000 in a package so thought i'd use it...until i get too frustrated with it!!
i am very new to webdesign and know very little about ftp html etc
but i'm learning so, any one here that uses FP2000....... please Help!
its probably something very simple as usual :?
N/A

've been playing with frontpage and i cant seem to get the vertical spacing between sentences to get closer

I maybe able to help you with that prob.
Try selecting the paragraphs you want ajusted, then right click, select paragraph from the shortcut menu.
A box should have opened showing, a line spacing drop down list on the middle right of the box.

I have frontpage 2002 with all the updates, so I cant be certain if you will see the same as I do Shockedops:

I find that as long as I have the content, a web page or even a site can be made in about an hour, if your not to fussy Cheesy

This site is for all the updates you need regarding frontpage
I hope its of some use

http://office.microsoft.com/home/default.aspx?CTT=6&Origin=EC010272491033
N/A

For a simple and easy to use system to get a web page up and running, you can use Microsoft Publisher. Just create a page as normal and "Save as HTML".
loony
Grafter

thanks v much,
i have sussed the spacing problem (hold shift+enter)
but have other probs now :roll:
but i'm determined to get it working(with the help of my cousin who understands HTML)
or i will DL another webpage editor from the vault Wink if i get too frustrated
thanks again for the tips
jp
Community Veteran

Forget the vault, use www.download.com and search for 'HTML editor'
N/A

i am very new to webdesign and know very little about ftp html etc
but i'm learning

I started off learning html, but after a while I found it hard going to the point I gave up, and used the easy way, I use a few programs like web page construction 7 kit , in the wysiwug format, but I found it all a bit of a drag.

I'M quite the llama when it come to web stuff Cheesy

For me, frontpage 2002 was a life saver, some people love it and some hate it. Cool
You can also use xara webstyle 3. and 4 as a plug in for frontpage, and that give you a lot more choice regarding styles.

Frontpage can also be used for a layout for standared html.
If I had a brain then I would probaly use dreamweaver and flash but as I dont Cheesy its back to frontpage Tongue