Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about BBCi

loony
Grafter

about BBCi

i've just discovered the BBCi broadband news section in plusnets communities,
http://portal.plus.net/bbci/broadband.html
is it normal for the real one player to keep "communicating", thus stopping the broadcast every 30 seconds or so?
i have 512k connection.
thanks
jp
7 REPLIES
N/A

about BBCi

I found the same problem with my own system some time ago.

It would apear some settings or files may be corrupted at some stage (possibly a MS update).

Your best bet is to uninstall RealOne and then insall it.

If that fails, there is a second method of uninstalling that should rid RealOne from your system completely (though not the music databases). I will pass this on once I find it.
loony
Grafter

about BBCi

thanks
reinstalled real player, must say it's better, but still reloading every few minutes.it seems to do it more on the bbc bulletins meaning, watching the 1 o'clock news, 31 mins long ,am i expecting too much?
the player says its running at 256kbps ,should it be?
cant find options to configure real player.
loony
Grafter

about BBCi

been playin realplayer directly and dont have a prob with streaming. it says
runnning at 350kpbs,
does anyone else have communiation/realplayer probs thru the plusnet portal?
pcorker
Grafter

about BBCi

thro the portal the videos play smoothly for me at about 250kbps.
Did you set RealPlayer(One in my case) connection preference to 512kbps (or whatever)
Pat.
N/A

RealOne Player

I found the same problem with my own system some time ago.

It would apear some settings or files may be corrupted at some stage (possibly a MS update).

Your best bet is to uninstall RealOne and then insall it.

If that fails, there is a second method of uninstalling that should rid RealOne from your system completely (though not the music databases). I will pass this on once I find it.

Have you found the second method yet?
I had big problems last year and had to reinstall Widows (2000). I am not going to reinstall until I can be sure of getting rid of the ****** thing entirely if that happens again.
John B
Alecto
Grafter

about BBCi

BBC news and sport run fine at 256k on my sytem, so it doesn't look like Plusnet's fault
Realplayer detects your line speed for itself and sets its parameters accordingly, but you can check on Tools/Preferences.
N/A

about BBCi

I forgot all about this.

Via my computer, navigate through your program files, into the Real directory, then "RealOne Player" and into "Setup".

You should see a shortcut called ".r1pclear.exe" (note the period at the start of the name).

This shortcut will perform the delete process.