Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a bit more detail.........

nickthesurfer
Grafter

a bit more detail.........

Sorry, my query was a bit pants!

The problem seems to occur anywhere that WMP is being used to stream video/media. It tries to connect (usually get a 1 sec message in bottow left of WMP window saying so) & then it says that it has connected, its "ready" & the "play" botton can now be clicked..............problem is that when you press the play button, WMP simply tries to connect again & the problem goes round and around. No error message or crash! Tried it with all firewalls turned off but with no luck. I can download music/video etc & play it using WMP but streaming is a no-no!
www.launch.com sometimes "stopped" WMP from even connecting.

I also occasionally get a codec problem but can't understand why any codecs might be missing.

Stuck & it's bugging me!

Thanks - Nick
2 REPLIES
nickthesurfer
Grafter

MS Media Player 10 - streaming music prob

Can't work out what I've done/changed/installed differently that has stopped me from streaming music/some video with WMP 10. I use www.launch.com quite a bit but it would seem that since installing WMP10 I can't watch video etc. I've tried rolling back the install to WMP9 but that hasn't worked & it doesn't just effect the launch site. RealPlayer etc work happily - any ideas?

- Nick
N/A

MS Media Player 10 - streaming music prob

Hi,

What actually happens? do you get an error message? does WMP crash?