cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel Prestige 2002L PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

N/A

Has anybody managed to get a Zyxel 2002l to work? i've called Zxtel and plusnet many many times and get different info everytime i call.

first i followed the setup guild:

https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/help_and_setup/setup_guides/prestige2002.shtml

But this must be just for the Prestige 2002 because every time I tried to load the config file i could no longer access the box until i reset to factory defaults using the button on the back of the box. Secondly in step 10 it mentions easy setup which i have no options for, it also says to fill out the "VoIP Number/SIP URL: Your PlusTalk SIP / VoIP Telephone number" field, i do not have this either!! i followed the setup guide the best i could but when i finished, nothing worked!!

(BY THE WAY USING A NETGEAR DG834g WIRELESS ROUTER WITH NAT)

I then called plusnet and they told me to go to advance and enter stun.voipuser.org and 5060 for the port in the stun section (not sure if this is correct as i've fond confliting info on stun ports. Possibly it's 3478, tried both anyway!!!)

after fiddling with stun and updating the firmware to MH.4 i could register and make out going call (halfway there!!! only incoming calls to go!!!)

i've had confilicting info on stun, does it need to be enabled? should outbound proxy be enabled at the same time? should i only use outbound proxy?

i've also tried forwarding ports UDP 3478 - stun
UDP 5060 - SIP, UDP 8000 - RTP, and still no incoming call

Another strange thing is that before i tried installing the Zyxel a tried using XLite and worked fine without any extra config at all just followed the basic intructions and could get incoming and outgoing calls.

PLEASE HELP!!!

THX
26 REPLIES
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The instructions on the portal will have you running round in circles. You need to change you PC to the 2002L IP range - upload the config file - Change the IP address of the 2002L to your LAN range - Reset the 2002L - Reset your PC IP address to what it was.

I had the 2002L working without using a STUN but I have to say the firmware is full of bugs which shoul have been fixed in the MH4 firware but was not.
N/A

did you have to forward any ports or make any changes other than the ones in the intructions, also did you have the "easy setup" wizard and the VoIP Number/SIP URL: Your PlusTalk SIP / VoIP Telephone number" field
glloyd
Rising Star

As far as I recall I had UDP 5060 and UDP 3478 directed to the 2002L. I don't recall any easy set up wizard. To be honest I spent so much time trying to get the thing the thing ruinning as it should I lost track after a while.
N/A

what router do you have? would it be possible to let me know your setting so i can check against mine, thx v much
glloyd
Rising Star

I have a Draytek Vigor 2600. I'm afraid I no longer have the 2002L as I sent it back due to all the faults, sorry.
N/A

Do you still have a voip analogue phone adapter or is that included in your router? and do you still use plustalk?
glloyd
Rising Star

I bought a Grandstream GXP 2000 VOIP Phone that works fine, a lot easier to set up and looks the business.
N/A

2002L

Get your money back. This unit isn't fit for purpose and doesn't do what it says on the tin. :roll:

All these problems are pretty well documentated and are certainly known about by the Plusnet team
N/A

I am having the same problems, I am going to ask for my money back based on the fact that there are obviously known issues withe these devices!

Plusnet have been totally unsupportive. Up to now I had NEVER had a bad experience with the PNteam, I suppose it is the bank holiday :-( But tthey say24/7 support!
glloyd
Rising Star

I'm amazed that are still selling them. They know of the problems and said they had been withdrawn from sale.
N/A

Agreed....

However I think my Speedtouch has also just gone faulty. Seems to re-boot eveytime I receive an incomming PSTN call.

DOH!
N/A

If you get it sorted let me know, I am connected via the Dg834GT too. PN do not overtly 'advertise' them, they'd rather we buy the all-in one- router to route ADSL and VoIP, which I suppose must be better in many ways, at least easier than trying to hook up the ATA to the dg834gt! The support is hopeless...and I never thought I would say it but it really has been unbelievable. Considering that they sell the product but of course they just throw up the fact that you're using 'non PN' products in the form of Netgear etc.

If I get it configured and working I will let you know how I did it, here's hoping.

Think I am going to buy the Groundstream 486
N/A

2002L vs Speedtouch

update....

Speedtouch reset to factory default and then re loading the profiles seems that have corrected the locking up problem, for now- I'm not convinced its a long term fix though as it feels more like a firmware issue to me.

Setting the wirless access to off may have been a contirbuting factor.
N/A

garybutler - what settings did you put in on the registration fields of the SIP account on your zyexel? Does the following look like the correct format? (or anyone else who has the 2002L who may be able to help)