cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel 2002L

N/A

Zyxel 2002L

Anyone feel kind enough to send me they're config . I'm getting a bit peed off here trying to get it to work in my DMZ with D-Link Nat router.

Softfone works a treat - for what its worth Sad

Thanks
12 REPLIES
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Zyxel 2002L

If you are following the instructions supplied on the PlusNet forum you will go round in circles for ever. Once you have logged onto the 2002L upload the downloaded config file BEFORE you change the IP address. I did raise a ticket about this weeks ago but the instructions have not been changed.

The other thing is you need to use the supplied adapters with UK phones otherwise they won't work. Again raised in a ticket and ignored.

There are two bugs in the firmware - The CLI does not work and if you abort a call because you get no answer the phone will continue to ring the other end and lock their line up for five minutes.
N/A

Zyxel 2002L

Thanks for the answer. Stil struggling...... Sad

In the Ethernet screen I have tried both my internal DMZ address and the external WAN address. I expected the DMZ address to be the correct one to use but the instructution for the 200 definately say use the external IP- when I do this the thing hangs.

I tried using the config file initially but didn;'t have any luck, I'll try again though

Also I have forwarded 5060 to the zyxel just to see if this made any difference, it didn't.

Dunno why the softphone would work and the zyxel not DOH Lets see if there is a firemware revision to apply.

Evil
glloyd
Rising Star

Zyxel 2002L

The ethernet address should be the IPaddress you are giving to the phone adapter i.e, 192.168.0.200 which should be in the same range as your router and LAN with a sub mask of 255.255.255.0. The default gateway should be the IP address of your router.

You only need to open port 5060 for the IP address of the adapter.

My ethernet settings look like this.

IP Address 192.168.0.200
Sub Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.0.1
Primary DNS 212.159.13.49
Secondary DNS 212.159.13.50

Once you have set that up you should be able to ping the adapter.

You are swapping the ethernet cable over from the PC port to the LAN port on the back of the adapter?
N/A

Zyxel 2002L

Thanks, and Yeah done all that and still have the problem. I'll try a couple more things and post again later.

Thanks for your help glloyd
glloyd
Rising Star

Zyxel 2002L

You have not really said what problem you are having!
N/A

Zyxel 2002L

The problem has been the box not being able to register the VOIP details and so allow calls to be made.

In a round about sort of a way its been resolved thanks to Liam in tech support -will post later though on the resolution

Ta

Stuart
glloyd
Rising Star

Zyxel 2002L

Funny that I had the same problem today and had to do a factory reset and load all the setting in again. To be honest I think the 200L is a load of crap.
N/A

Zyxel 2002L

Nope still don't work here although the new WiFi router they also send does.

Shame the roiuter doesn't have the same phone facilities as the 2002.

I've now tried every single combination of config on the 2002 and of the 'old' router but still can't get it to work.
glloyd
Rising Star

Zyxel 2002L

I wonder what the score is about returning this usless kit. It's clearly not fit for the purpose... etc and zyxel don't appear to be in any hurry to issue a firmware update plus their customer service are hopeless. Phone calls take and age to get through and they don't answer half their emails.
N/A

Zyxel 2002L

Mine is now replaced with the WiFi router at no extra cost. I didn't have to make a big fuss either just explained the problems and let them lead me through the same set up proceedure I'd already done a few times before it was suggested I keep the new box.

As I say though I REALLY need the facility to dial a number and have the box route the call to Ip or PSTN and this can't do that as far as I know.

STuart
N/A

Zyxel 2002L

Can you confirm you have no problems with the wireless router before i contact plusnet about swapping my 2002l, the issue i have is a can dial out but cannot receive calls to my 0845 number, tried everything including port forwarding, does anybody at plusnet know how to configure 1 of these thing as i get different info everytime i call?
N/A

Zyxel 2002L

Yep not major problems except the Speedtouch router, doesn't have all the facilities it says its got in the manual.

And. if you can TELNET into the speedtouch there are a lot of configs that can be tweaked which certainly helped me set mine up- I'm no expert either

Good Luck