cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZyXYL Prestige 2602HWL - voicemail retrieval

N/A

I have just managed to successfully set up the above ADSL modem and router cw with wireless.
It has two sockets for standard telephones to plug into and I have successfully configured one of them to log into my PlusNet Plustalk account. The registration process is completely automatic. It works well too. There is a lifeline facility where this phone reverts to standard POTS if the ADSL fails, drops out, etc.

I want to retrieve voicemail from my account and then delete it. I have searched all the FAQs, etc and not found an answer other than to dial 7001 from my PC connected phone. The point is that I do wish to have to fire up my PC every time and use X-Lite to access voicemail.

Does anybody know what number to dial on this standard Phone to access my Voicemail? Or, indeed, if it is possible at all. Every instinct says there is a way; it is just figuring it out. I have not opened a question with Support on this, thinking the answer may be so obvious that I have missed it.

If anyone wants information on setting up this amazing device - so far as I have got to date then do ask and I will contact you by email or put the details here if there seems to be a need for it. The SIP registration required lots of trial and error before I succeeded.

David C
2 REPLIES
N/A

I use a 2002L which is similar - the only way I have ever retrieved voicemail is by dialling the 7001 number from an attached phone and doing it that way.

I'm not sure but if you have opted for the incoming 0845 number you *may* be able to retrieve your voicemail that way, when the voicemail service answers. Try pressing # or * or something to see if you can get to the voicemail menu.
N/A

Thank you gotdsl for your reply which gave the solution in the first paragraph.
It is called patience.
Dial 7001 and wait and wait and.... until you get a single word "mailbox", enter your ID, then wait for another word "password" and hey presto you are in.
In with a bewildering away of options.
But it works so thanks.

I have not followed up the 0845 number route yet.

David C