cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom X5v VOIP Modems

chill01

Zoom X5v VOIP Modems

Hi... has anyone used the Zoom X5v modem for connection to F9 Plustalk. I have one and even with the same settings for X-Lite the modem will not register with the SIP proxy server....Zoom tech support are trying but not able at present to resolve the issue either as the modem connects to their Global Village service OK
5 REPLIES
N/A

Let me know results...

Hi Cheesy

I've just installed the a Zoom X5V and am starting setting up VoIP...

Do let me know how you get on, I had problems browsing until I realised that the modem had been issued to someone else - I reset to factory settings and hey presto Cool
N/A

PlusTalk and Global Village working...

Hi again Cheesy , just thought I'd let you know that I have both working. Cool

What I did:

:idea: Reset Xv5 to factory default.
    :idea: Set up Global Village using defaults.
    :idea: Installed X-Lite softphone using default settings.
    :idea: Set up X-Lite as per F9 instructions.

Everything works as hoped, quality is a little poorer than BT landline, but perfectly acceptable.

Global Village call to a landline gives a slight 'clipping' to the sound, rather like using AVC (automatic volume control) on a tape recorder.

Using speaker+microphone for Plustalk gives the usual echo effect, but that could be overcome with a headset device (I picked one up for less than £2 from eBuyer, I just don't like my head being wired to the PC :!: ) or a USB phone.

Good luck with yours :?
chill01

Zoom VOIP Modem

I am trying to use the VOIP with the F9 service not the Glabal Village service, that way can have home phone connected to the VOIP port on the modem and use both PSTN service and VOIP by just entering a # on the keypad. To do this you have to enter the F9 details into the VOIP section of the modem in advanced VOIP settings. This is where the problem occurs as unles you set the Domain/Realm to sip.force9.net and use your VOIP ID for the Authentication and User ID then sip registration fails.
chill01

Zoom X5v

RIght,

Update from Zoom:

On the VOIP page..NOT the Advanced page you need to change your server to the F9 server...ie "username".force9.co.uk

Next on the Advanced VOIP page User and Authorisation ID have to be set to your SIP ID ie XXXXXX whatever

Domain/Realm, SIP Proxy address and outbound proxy have to be set to sip.force9.net.

This allows registration and authentication so now have VOIP dialtone through home phones.

All need to figure out now is why incomming calls go straight to voice mail and why am unable to dial a number!!!!
N/A

Zoom X5v VOIP Modems

Any other settings required? I tried the above on my x5v but didn't succeed

R