cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zonealarm/login

N/A

Zonealarm/login

I am having problems logging into the Plusnet portal. I enter username and password and I'm directed to the first page, however if I then request a different page I am redirected back to the login page. Now I assume this is because Zonealarm has blocked cookies and in fact when I switch off cookie control in Zonealarm all is well. However I have set Zonealarm to accept cookies from 'portal.plus.net' (thus bypassing the block) so the login should work even with cookie control enabled. Am I missing something important here. I hope this makes sense and would appreciate any help you Zonealarm users out there can give.

Mark
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Zonealarm/login

Don't block session cookies in ZA.

On privacy tab under cookies press custom then make sure session is unticked.

I find ZA cookie and pop-up blockers don't work very well and cause too many issues so I turn it off, I suggest you do the same then download spybot search and destroy to remove unwanted cookies.

If you are using IE6 you can block cookies in that as well which is much better than ZA:

IE->tools->internet options->Privacy tab->Advanced button

Tick override automatic cookie handling
Accept first party cookies
block third part cookies
tick always allow session cookies

And your done.

If you want to be automatically logged into the portal you can set this up:

Under my account on the left, click Connection settings
Click auto login icon

Then set how long you want to remain logged in and click go - I have mine set to 2 months.
N/A

Zonealarm/login

Thanks for your quick reply Peter.

I am using Zonealarm Pro which I think is a little different. Under privacy their are three tabs:- MAIN where you can switch on/off cookie control, banner adds and mobile code, SITE LIST where you can enter URL's and customise whether or not to allow cookies/banner adds/mobile code for specific sites and CACHE CLEANER. So entering the URL for Plusnet is effectively turning off cookie control for the Plusnet portal, or at least that is what I was expecting/hoping.

Yes I have switched off completely cookie control in Zonealarm and set up IE as you descibed as this has been the only way i have been able to login into the portal it is just frustrating when things don't work as you expect. Otherwise I find Zonealarm excellent.
Community Veteran

Zonealarm/login

I am using ZA Pro and I was talking about the main tab. By cookies I meant cookie control section.

ZA is a very good firewall, adding the bells a whistles was a bad move.
N/A

Zonealarm/login

Ah yes, I get what you were saying now.

Well the bells and whistles would have been ok if they worked properly. This hasn't solved the problem but at least I know that it is a problem with Zonealarm rather than myself, phew!

Thanks again.