cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneAlarm Pro Update

N/A

ZoneAlarm Pro Update

:?
Using ZoneAlarm Pro and over the past few days have regularly got a message saying that an update is available. I then have a choice of updating now - or be notified later. Click on update - and nothing happens, other than the notification box disappears!
Help - any ideas?
Thanks
Javert
7 REPLIES
N/A

ZoneAlarm Pro Update

install sygate as its a far better firewall Wink
Community Veteran

ZoneAlarm Pro Update

It should bring up a browser page showing where to download the update from.

The 5.5.094.000 pro update can be downloaded from here but the page will change each time an update is released.
N/A

ZoneAlarm Pro Update

Smiley
Thanks Peter for your help. No browser page ever loaded! Thanks also for the link - used that and ZA is now updated.

Cheers!
J.
N/A

ZoneAlarm Pro Update

have you disabled java / active x scripts as it probably uses one of those to launch the browser
N/A

ZoneAlarm Pro Update

go to zone alarm site and download from there. best firewall there is
N/A

ZoneAlarm Pro Update

well, its not
N/A

Zone Aalrm replying

Hi,

Yep! I've been using the ZoneLabs ZoneAlarm freeware firewall version 2.6.231 for the last five years its NEVER crashed, hung or gliched on me not for even a second. Its flawless, it works perfectly, is rock solid. I never update my copy as I strongly believe its better than the newer versions. I dont want or need all the fancy features now included & I dont care much for the more recent designs of the GUI. The version I use is "set it & forget it", it just does its job brilliantly and thats all I want.

The main reason I use ZA is that unlike other firewalls it uses a powerful technology called Stateful Packet Inpsection NOT Packet filtering or application filtering. Stateful Packet Inspection is far far harder to brake or hack or crack or whatever you want to call it. All the articles I read on this subject of firewall methodology repeated said SPI was reliable tough & well tested.

**The fact that ZoneAlarm now has Millions of users must say something about the value of such a product wheather paid or freeware. Enough said I think!

Ivan

--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User