Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone Alarm - help required!

fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

After using Norton protection for some years and as a result of recommendations from this Forum, I am trying Zone Alarm Security Suite for a 15-day trial period.

However, I am experiencing difficulty with one of my regularly visited sites, that of the RPS Digital Group. I can download the text on pages OK, but any images do not download.

If I disable Zone Alarm, the images download.

Clearly, I have to "permit" full access to this site. How do I set this requirement In Zone Labs?

I know that Zone Labs is considered to be more straight forward that Norton, but I'm blessed if I can discover the answer in their downloaded manual!

The plus side is that using ZA with Firefox instead of Norton with Internet Explorer a lot of previously experienced problems have disappeared and surfing is very smooth and fast.

Regards and thanks - Noel
2 REPLIES
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well there we go! A few minutes after posting the question, I've found the answer.

I had turned off "Privacy Advisor" and after making it active again, I was able to see that "Banner ads" were not permitted on the RPS site.

Allowing banner ads and bingo, there are the missing images.

Sorry to have wasted anyones time over this query.

Mind you if you are having probs with Norton or your existing browser, I can recommend Firefox and ZA.

Regards and thanks.......Noel
N/A

Thank you for posting the solution, even if you did find it yourself.

Others will run into this problem and now can see a solution without asking others.