cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZA alerts on port 10003 ?

N/A

Hi,

I know ZA is blocking these attacts on port 10003 but there are coming in really fast and constantly, the few I get from +net users are on ports 445 and 135. Not sure what is happening, could any one enlighten me.

XP
ZA
Ad-aware
Spy-bot
E-trust AV

Regards Linda
11 REPLIES
N/A

Sadly, not every Plus Net user uses a firewall or anti-virus software.

This hits that your getting are virus infected machines, trying to infect others. However the fact your firewall (zonealarm) is blocking them, show it's working. There isn't much that can be done about it, and it's best just to regard it as background internet noise and not be too concerned about it.

Aaron
Community Veteran

What do you mean by really fast and constantly. 10s, 100s, 1000s of reports and over what period?

If it's from a non-plusnet IP address there is really nothing you can do about it but let your firewall deal with it as it is doing.
N/A

Thanks Aaron,

thats what I thought,

the last time I kept an eye on ZA alerts the only users were +net users, now it seems that everyone and there dog is trying to get in. :?

Just wandering if +net has changed anything that might be causing this.

Thanks again

Linda
N/A

Hi Petervaughan,

just been checking it out, the counter on the 'overview' of ZA is going up in fives none stop. Which seems a lot.

Linda
N/A

Hi Linda,

It's not so much the total number, but more the number of these hits within a short period of time, i.e 10 secs

If you had to put a figure on it, say within the last 5 mins, how many would it be?

Aaron
N/A

Hi Aaron,

Tried a couple of times for 10 secs and got between 12 and 15 hits.

Is this any help, will monitor for 5 mins aswell

Linda
N/A

That's a few for that short a period of time. Have you been using any P2P applications?

I've just checked my logs, and I've had 851 blocks since about 5 this evening.
N/A

Aaron got 141 hits in 5 mins, use P2P sometimes.

Run AV and Ad-aware daily, often use panda scan just incase Smiley

Linda
N/A

P2P application will increase your hit rate, since some of these machines will be infected as well, and when you stop the P2P program. It takes a while for software on other people's machines to stop sending to you. As your firewall doesn't see the P2P application any more, it records these as hits.

Aaron
N/A

Hi Aaron,

At least now I have an idea what it is, just don't like when I am not sure whats going on. The kids think I am parinoid but I would rather be safe than sorry. Cheesy

Thanks for your time

Linda
N/A

Hi Linda,

No problem about the time, just happy to help.

Aaron