cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X lite with plustalk and sipgate??

pint
Grafter

Is it possible to set up the Xlite softphone to work with two providers ie plustalk - and sipgate?
At the moment i use Sipgate ( while ive got some free credit) with the Xlite softphone and a cyberphone W USB voip phone, but is it possible to have two providers on one softphone?
7 REPLIES
pint
Grafter

I finaly made both of them work, by adding the plustalk account as a second proxy and setting it as #1 so to dial on plustalk i pick up the USB phone and press #1 on the keypad before the number and to dial on sipgate i just dial as normal.

although the only hitch with plustalk is a message saying that ive run out of credit, despite an e-mail telling me that

Your broadband product now also comes with PlusTalk 240 included, so you
can make great savings on your BT phone bill.
swynford
Dabbler

Which version of X-lite are you using to do this?

I want to do exactly what you've done - PlusTalk for outbound calls (using the 240mins per month) - Sipgate for incoming calls (geographic number so inclusive in most calling packages)

thanks.
p.
pint
Grafter

Im using X lite 2.0 release 1105c build stamp 16114
working with a Cyberphone-W

The default setting is the same as its listed on the sipgate website, then to get it working with plustalk ( when plustalks working - throw a dice and get double six)
add the following settings under menu click on system settings then Sip proxy, you should see Default listed as sipgate.co.uk and under that you should have a list of empty proxies.

Go to proxy 1 and enter the details as below

Display name: Your name
User name: plustalk
Autrization user: plustalk
password: your password ( i think)
domain/realm: your plusnet username
sip proxy: sip.plus.net
outbound proxy: (leave blank)
use outbound proxy: Default
Set internal IP: never
Register: Default
Voice mail : SIP URL
Forward: SIP URL
Use voice mail: forward to voicemail
Direct dial IP: No
Dial prefix #1
provider website: if applicable
update settings: if applicable
reset

To dial out with plusnet you need to start the number by dialing #1 so for instance #101283XXXXXX to dial out with sipgate its just the number without the #1 prefix
It shoudl b possible to add more dial out accounts using the proxiy method
ive never used plustalk for incomming calls, as the sipgate method works better ( geographical number)

the version of Xlite that works with the cyberphone W ( or K) is available from the X lite forums upon request, you can get to those by clicking on the ? mark in the sipgate softphone or here http://support.xten.net/
N/A

I want to do exactly what you've done - PlusTalk for outbound calls (using the 240mins per month) - Sipgate for incoming calls (geographic number so inclusive in most calling packages)

Interesting - I wanted to do this very thing today, and couldn't, so came to the forums for guidance and lo and behold....

I currently have the version of X-lite that I downloaded from here - for this to work, do I need to download the Sipgate version, with my details pre-registered from their site.

I have looked on the version I have got, and can't see where this proxy 1 thing is :s
N/A

The latest verson of X-lite only allows one account for you, and the sipgate version appears to be locked down to 1 account only.

I've done a bit of diggin on this one, go try and download the gossiptel version of X- Lite. You have to then ignore the logo and the preset setting. and add both sets of settings (ie plustalk and SIPgate)
N/A

Hi

Many thanks for that - it seems ideal, so I will do some searching myself later on, and let you know how I get on Smiley

Stu
N/A

Yes, I got it to work Cheesy

I had trouble sourcing the Gossiptel version, but instead installed X-lite 2.0 build 1106q.

Settings as follows:
Within SIP Proxy menu:

Default SIP Proxy
Enabled: Yes
Display Name: Whatever
Username: plusnet username
Password: plusnet password
Domain/Realm: username.plus.com
SIP Proxy: sip.plus.net
Outbound proxy: sip.plus.net
Everything else is default

I then went to Proxy 1, and entered:
Enabled: Yes
Display Name: Whatever
Authorisation User: my 7 digit sipgate number
Password: my sipgate password - note, not your login password, but shown within Connection Information
Domain/Realm: sipgate.co.uk
Sip Proxy: sipgate.co.uk
Everything else is default

Finally, within Network settings
Primary STUN server is: sipgate.net:10000 <--got that from sipgate account details
Secondary STUN server is: xten.net

I have port forwarded accordingly - UDP 5060/5061/3478/8000/8001 and 10000 [I think, will need to check if they are all relevant to this].

Now when I go X-Lite, and right click on any line, it says:

Proxy(default) - username.plus.com - REGISTERED
Proxy1 - sipgate.co.uk - REGISTERED

When I make an outgoing call, it goes via my PLUS account, and connects everytime [although I really need to test this]

And if someone calls my geographical sipgate number, it connects as well via my sipgate account.

There is no need to dial any prefixes.

Let me know how you get on, or whether I have missed anything out. Am I allowed to link to the site where I downloaded the software from?