cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-lite beats my router up

N/A

Ok, I have a Solwise SAR 110 supplied by plusnet. I am running the veriosn before the latest firmware and really don't want to upgrade as NO-NAT was really difficult to setup.

Upto now I have had no problems with it, however when I install x-lite to use plustalk and then put the settings in as per the setup guide it seems to interogate my router to the point where it DIES....... literally!

It goes through "Analysing Firewall" and a few other things and then my router locks up with all the lights on the front perminantly on including the DIAG light, at this point the router is unreachable from the network, drops the connection and requires a reboot before normal service can resume.

I have forwarded all the required ports as per some ive seen on another topic and it still locks up when running x-lite.....I think it might be the point where it is logging in that kills the router but am not 100%, I'm guesing its the "interogating firewall" part that is doing it... as if x-lite is causing my PC to d-dos my router from the inside.

I don't know where to go from here....... Has anyone else seen this problem? or knows how to fix it?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Update

I have now tried the router with the latest firmware using NAT

It still does the same as above .... i.e. kills my router with the same lights all solid on requiring a reboot

x-lite diag output as follows

#

© 2004 Xten Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.
X-Lite release 1103m build stamp 14262
License key: 7389F4B17F8B4EE4B936E025D98179E2

Established SIP protocol listen on: 192.168.7.3:5060

Discovered Symmetric NAT Firewall

SIP: 192.168.7.3:5060
RTP: 192.168.7.3:8000
NAT: 80.229.XXX.XXX

PROXY#0: 212.159.6.145:5060

PROXY#0: 212.159.6.162:5060

PROXY#0: 212.159.6.146:5060

PROXY#0: 212.159.6.161:5060

SEND TIME: 7090531
SEND >> 212.159.6.146:5060
REGISTER sip:XXX.plus.com SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 80.229.XXX.XXX:5060;rport;branch=z9hG4bKB5C469117F754DAEB37CA930D6434641
To: Jeff <sip:plustalk@XXX.plus.com>
Call-ID: 12XXXX2410EXXXX0A38287FB32XXXXBC@XXXXX.plus.com
CSeq: 58419 REGISTER
Expires: 1800
Max-Forwards: 70
User-Agent: X-Lite release 1103m
Content-Length: 0

SEND TIME: 7092187
SEND >> 212.159.6.146:5060
REGISTER sip:XXXXX.plus.com SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 80.229.XXX.XXX:5060;rport;branch=z9hG4bKB5C469117F754DAEB37CA930D6434641
To: Jeff <sip:plustalk@XXXXX.plus.com>
Call-ID: 12XXXX2410EXXXX0A38287FB32XXXXBC@XXXXX.plus.com
CSeq: 58419 REGISTER
Expires: 1800
Max-Forwards: 70
User-Agent: X-Lite release 1103m
Content-Length: 0

I am now wondering exactly what x-lite is doing to cause my router to fall over and lock up as this has now been tried with a standard setup of the SAR 110 on the newest firmware.
N/A

You could try posting to the X-Lite forums.

http://support.xten.net/
N/A

Regarding the attempts to use the Solwise Routers supplied to us from Plusnet with the newly provided PlusTalk service. I have tried all of the available firmware and suggested configurations, sent an email to Solwise with no response and have got no real help from Plusnet. I am quit honestly quite disgusted with Plusnets last response; Quote from their response to the ticket that I raised:

“If you have forwarded the ports and the software is not working then there is little more we can do. We know it works on our network. It could be some setting that needs to be activated within the routers config pages, in which case you will need to contact Solwise.

Have you allowed the ports through all your firewalls e.g in router and on PC if you have them (windows XP firewall).

All we can support on the router is the connection settings and nothing else. I am sorry that this is not what you want to hear but it is the truth.”

In fairness the customer services representative he was probably towing the Plusnet company line.

I have borrowed a Linksys WAG54G Router/Gateway and after configuring it to access Plusnet I could use the PlusTalk service (although I have not actually contacted anyone in person over the PlusTalk network).

I purchased my Solwise router from Plusnet expecting that they would fully support this product throughout its life. I can accept that technology moves on, if the routers that they supplied to us are not capable of supporting the new capabilities of the service that Plusnet are providing then Plusnet should say so, giving an explanation as to the reasons why. It would save us all from trying to configure our hardware to do something that it is not capable of doing.

If they are going to supply hardware then they should enter in to a true partnership agreement with the equipment suppliers. This should result in a better service to us the customers in that as part of the broadband package contracts they supply to us there is included a fully integrated support service, which would give us full instructions on how to configure the hardware that they have supplied to us to work with the services being supplied. I would agree though, in some cases that the only option available to Plusnet would be to suggest that we need to update are hardware to utilise the new services that they are providing.

It would be nice to see a more proactive approach in providing a fully integrated support solution.
N/A

Re: X-lite beats my router up

my router locks up with all the lights on the front perminantly on including the DIAG light, at this point the router is unreachable from the network, drops the connection and requires a reboot before normal service can resume

I've also got this when I try to use my soft phone to connect to sipgate. In other words, it appears to be a SIP related problem and not specifically a PlusNet one.

At some stage I'm going to run my soft phone while watching the network traffic, and see whether there's any relevant nat alg on the SAR110 that should be disabled.

Chris
N/A

At some stage I'm going to run my soft phone while watching the network traffic, and see whether there's any relevant nat alg on the SAR110 that should be disabled

Somewhat belatedly... it is an alg on the SAR router that's broken and causing it to crash. If I recall correctly, you need to telnet to the router and enter the following command:

delete alg port portno 5060 prot any

Then try your SIP phone again. If it works then save the changes on your router in the usual way.

Chris
Dizzley
Grafter

I can confirm that my Solwise SAR130 suffered just the same and that Chris's fix worked for me:

it is an alg on the SAR router that's broken and causing it to crash. If I recall correctly, you need to telnet to the router and enter the following command:

Then try your SIP phone again. If it works then save the changes on your router in the usual way.

Nice call Chris!

Pete.
Lorian
Grafter

Live thread, live.

Fixed me too, ta.
csogilvie
Grafter

So THAT'S what was killing my SAR...
N/A

And that's why I ditched my old SAR715 - updates to the firmware where not exactly forthcomming...