Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Lite software getting msg relating to private IP's

N/A

Hi.

I am getting a message back from X-LIte advising:

"We don't accept private IP connections"
and a nice American voice from X-Lite saying "The person you are calling is unavailable, Please try again"

I have tried both a BT landline number and my mobile no. Has anybody experienced this at all?

Regards
acoustic24
18 REPLIES
N/A

Make sure that under your SIP connection that you have Discover global address ticked rather than use local IP. You also need to make sure that the STUN settings are correct (I think you need to use stun.xten.net as the STUN server).
N/A

I have had the same problem with error 479 ("don't accept private ....") I am using Vista and a Linksys Wireless-G router. I have tried all the fixes, including those from Linksys help and none work. The Xlite site is useless in this regard. The Xlite dialer worked OK on XP2,SP2 but my computer died on me and hence I have a new one with Vista. I have raised the issue in a ticket to PlusNet. Awaiting a response from them. Could be the problem is Vista specific?
N/A

I have had the same problem with error 479 ("don't accept private ....") I am using Vista and a Linksys Wireless-G router. I have tried all the fixes, including those from Linksys help and none work. The Xlite site is useless in this regard. The Xlite dialer worked OK on XP2,SP2 but my computer died on me and hence I have a new one with Vista. I have raised the issue in a ticket to PlusNet. Awaiting a response from them. Could be the problem is Vista specific?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Hi there,

Have you tried the previous suggestion? Go into the account properties and then the 'Topology' tab. There are two options there: 'Discover Local Address' and 'Use Global Address'. Try each of these options in turn and see if either resolve the problem:

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Yes I have tried this and it does not help - see comments above. Thanks anyway.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Your account registers fine when I try it here. The only thing you seem to have changed at your end is to have made the transition from XP to Vista.

Are you definitely using the latest version of XLite and have you tried looking into whether or not Vista's security features are messing things up?

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Yes- I downloaded a fresh copy of Xlite onto the new computer within the last two weeks and have tried disabling the firewalls - McAfee is installed and the Vista one is disabled to prevent coflict. Disabling McAfee did nothing to help. Apart from Xlite most things seem to be working. I can use Skype computer to computer for example with both sound and vision. Maybe some other dial-up software might work?
N/A

Just to doublecheck - it is correct to use the 6 figure NUMBER given in my connection details as my username and authorisation with domain and proxy as sip.plus.net as well as my plusnet password?
N/A

just a little help

Hi
I have been having a similar problem "we dont accept private IP messages".
Turns out to be a problem with the stun server being unreachable, change the stun server that you are using to any one from http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-STUN I am using stun.ekiga.net with no problems.
N/A

Hi Bradbunyard - thanks -
Just read your post - I'll have a go when I get back from holiday and I'll post a message to let you know how I get on. Sounds hopeful!
N/A

Call failed

Bob Pullen,

you're a star - ticking the use local address (instead of the default discover global address) in topology section in X-Lite account propoerties did the job.

I have been trying the help & support for the last 3 days (to no avail) so I tried the forum this morning & within 5 mins have it sorted.

TOP BOMBING BOB

Thanks

Harry
N/A

i have installed the x-lite and have the same message as it tries to Register - Registration Error 479 - we dont accept....

I have seen many people here with the same problems as well as plusnet users on the Counterpath Forum with the same problems.

Its seems strange that there doesn't seem to be a single solution for the same error message! It seems very hit and miss.

I have tried the verious settings for the STUN server using the various addresses people suggest. Also the global and local addresses.

I've contacted support and given all the details - including screen shots of fields I've filled in... but now there is silence from them.

Is there no definative solution to this message or a different less complicated software package to use??

Any chance of a Plusnet package?

thanks
N/A

i resolved my problem by updating the firmware on my BT Voyager Modem 2100

It now works but the delay is about 20 secs.

When I phoned a fixed line and spoke they hung-up before my voice reached them.

Rather a pointless application and very disappointed with broadband phone
Community Veteran

I have same problem with linksys router Sad tried all the things here plus a few variations of my own still no joy.
At the moment I need a BB line for buisness use and there being only a couple of quid between BT and PN at the moment I feel myself edging towards BT, everything at PN seems to be just BT with more complications.