cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Lite on new Macs with Intel chip

N/A

Haven't found this mentioned anywhere else in this forum. I have been to the Counterpath website, who produces X-lite and they have no intention (currently) to produce a version compatible with the new Intel based Macs. However Eyebeam will be made compatible.

http://support.counterpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=6094&sid=5b3f67b1b128e8d5be40e42c8d3b8c44

What is Plusnet's view on this? There is a growing number of users of this platform who will be unable to use the system.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Is there a difference between the Intel MACS and the g4? ones? I assumed that the operating system, tiger or whatever, would 'hide' the hardware from application software such as x-lite. That is what the operating system should do amongst its other jobs.

Or has the operating system also changed?

Don't have a spare intel mac around or I would try it out :lol:
N/A

X-lite and intel Macs

Have you tried running X-lite within Rosetta?

Most people start using Plustalk with X-lite and soon migrate to another solution. In my case, I moved to an ATA adapter in a few hours and then went to Asterisk after a few days.
N/A

There is a difference between the PowerPC G4 and Intel chips - all software needs to be released in 'Universal' format to take account of this. Rosetta is an invisible emulator that allows PPC software to run on Intel systems but still some software doesn't work. In this case, X-Lite starts and will make a call but will then bomb out on closing the call.

Being new to Plustalk, I didn't know there were compatible alternatives like Asterisk. I'd be interested to hear more on them.
N/A

There is a difference between the PowerPC G4 and Intel chips - all software needs to be released in 'Universal' format to take account of this. Rosetta is an invisible emulator that allows PPC software to run on Intel systems but still some software doesn't work. In this case, X-Lite starts and will make a call but will then bomb out on closing the call.

Well you learn something every day - geez, thought I had it bad getting stuff working under Linux and Wine.
N/A

Being new to Plustalk, I didn't know there were compatible alternatives like Asterisk. I'd be interested to hear more on them.

Any SIP client should work. Have a look at SJPhone (there appears to be a Mac version but I dunno if it will work on the Intel Macs). You might also be able to get something like Ekiga to compile on a Mac if you're feeling technical Smiley