cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is bandwidth in the UK so expensive?

N/A

I have noticed companys out there that offer server and small amounts of bandwidth for like £200 + a month.

This isp i use gives me a pent 4 server 1 gig of ram and 1000 gigsa of bandwidth for £100 a month with cpanel etc.. they got other servers for £50 a month with cpanel but cerlons etc

Just wondering what others are paying for hosting/servers
10 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

I pay £15 a year for 30MB of space and 1000MB monthly burstable transfer bandwidth.

£20 a month at the same place gets you 500MB of space and 10GB of transfer.
N/A

but if you willing to pay £50 and have it hosted in US then you get 1000 gigs lol
csogilvie
Grafter

From?
michaelscott
Grafter

I pay £20/year for 500Mb space and 5Gb transfer
N/A

Guess come to C/S or Qos(quality of services) bah bah bah.....
if you get hosting in U.S you might not able to get the C/S straight away..(time diff)
well you never get it anyway...
and also at the end is the Tax come into it.(that cause a big deal)
N/A

I pay £20/year for 500Mb space and 5Gb transfer

I saw someone else post a "From ?" question, and I, for one, would be interested in knowing from all three who gave fees info, for the URLs of their hosting firms, because it would certainly help me, and probably others too.

Some mention of a low annual fee and generous web space and traffic figures is nice, but not much help to me, really... I trust you can see why.
csogilvie
Grafter

www.34sp.com is where mine is.
michaelscott
Grafter

N/A

low cost hosting

Some mention of a low annual fee and generous web space and traffic figures is nice, but not much help to me, really...

Thanks to Colin and Mike for their info.

I found a reseller account from Hostroute.com at $9/month (9 GBP/month for UK hosting) allows 5 domains each having 500 MB of web space and 10 GB of traffic/month. Not as cheap as 20 quid for a year, but seems good value to me.

Another account I've just started using gives me 5 GB of web space and 1000 GB/month for $29.99 a year found on Ebay. Since I can host many domains on it, I may make a profit by reselling space Cool
N/A

i got a deal from a crowd called www.punkservers.us on ebay at the end of last year. $30 or something for unlimited bandwidth and storage. everything was fine for a while, but the database that's used by one site has gone belly up a few times and this week alone has done it twice and even the apache software got corrupted.

which is a pity as i had recommended them a lot at the start, and the website in question ( www.cookstown100.co.uk ) is for an event being held this weekend. four problems this week so far.... Evil