cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do PlusNet not have a spam filter?!

Community Veteran

I have been with PlusNet for about a year now and am still forced to use my old Wanadoo email account because PlusNet have no spam filter! Why not?
When I signed up spam filtering was advertised and still is.
Marking the emails as spam is not filtering! What use is that when the offensive content arrives in my inbox anyway?!
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hit E-Mail Settings on the left hand nav bar.
There should be an option for Spam Filter Settings.
Choose your filter level, and off you go...
shellsong
Grafter

Why doesn't the stuff marked as spam go automatically into the spam folder or is there some way of telling it to do that? PN could usefully emulate Yahoo Mail in this respect-- it's a pain shovelling out the rubbish from the postmaster account!
lingbob
Grafter

That doesn't filter spam, it just marks it as spam and then sends it along with the rest of your mail.

--
Martin
Community Veteran

That doesn't filter spam, it just marks it as spam and then sends it along with the rest of your mail.

--
Martin

That is exactly my point. PlusNet do not have a spam filter and are falsely advertising that they do!
N/A

Ah yes, misread the text Shockedops:
Do you use a client to read mail, or do you just use webmail?
If you use a client you can set it to move all mail marked as [SPAM] into a specific folder. If you use webmail AFAIK the rules to move mail about have not been programmed yet, so you are right, its rubbeeesh.

Sorry again for not being able to read Shockedops:
/Off for reading lessons
Community Veteran

I just use Outlook Express. I know I can set this up to remove the spam but shouldn't need to so I just use my old Wandoo account for recieving. Makes no difference where my emeil goes through because it is all fowarded from sean@obsidian-band.com so I just need someone to remove the spam before it gets to me. Wanadoo does a great job. I just need to connect to the Wanadoo dial-up connection once in a while to keep it active so I can use the email account.[/code]