cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which account?

Midville
Grafter

Which account?

Hopefully when my billing date arrives 14th, I will qualify for the free 240 minutes of plustalk time.

Do I just sign up for a pay as you go Plus talk account and its that easy?!?

Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Which account?

Whan your package changes over you'll see a new icon in the account settings section. You can get settings etc from here.

Be aware that if the select to have an 0845 number it will die after one month of none use. You can only request three 0845 numbers before you start to get charged 1.50 per month to keep the an 0845 number. you are not warned about this during the set up of your 1st 0845 no. you only find this out once you have used up one free setup it would be good if this was highlighted before you took the plunge.

Can't speak for the qualit of service at the minute as the free 240 credit allocation is not attched to my account.

I was dissapointed that to recieve missed calls you have to log on to plusnet, account details, plustalk, voicemail to retrieve voice messages.

Thinks it's basically only going to serve me for out going calls. Incoming calls etc seams to be to much of a pain.
A
Midville
Grafter

Which account?

A,

whats the 0845 number forHuh sorry if I am being dumb Cheesy

Thanks
Community Veteran

Which account?

So people on a land line can ring your VoIP phone directly.
Community Veteran

Which account?

you can request an 0845 no . so that people can call you on your plusnet phone line just like a normal phone.

The number stays active if you use it once or twice a month otherwise it goes back into the pool for reallocation. Once you have used 3 free allocations plusnet will start to charge you £1.50 per months for a new number.

A
Midville
Grafter

Which account?

Thanks for the info A, much appreciated.....I get it now. Cheesy
N/A

Which account?

You could also look at getting a free inbound number from www.voipuser.org and then you can redirect that number to your plusnet SIP account...

(Voipuser is a community voip system with no charges and free outbound calls. Any money the community makes from inbound calls gets added the community pool of minutes for outbound calls - though if you only ever make outgoing calls and don't have any incomming calls you may be asked to donate some money via paypal.)
N/A

Which account?

(Voipuser is a community voip system with no charges and free outbound calls. Any money the community makes from inbound calls gets added the community pool of minutes for outbound calls - though if you only ever make outgoing calls and don't have any incomming calls you may be asked to donate some money via paypal.)

I have used Voipuser for inbound calls for months and the service seems to be good (a lot better than the quality I get off PlusTalk, which seems to result in the person on the PSTN side of the call hearing a lot of jitter), but unless they've changed it recently the free outgoing calls are just for testing and so they are limited to just a few minutes.

Unfortunately Voipuser don't provide geographic numbers - does anyone know somewhere that does do them for free (or is PlusTalk going to introduce free geographic numbers?). I've got a geographic number from SipGate, but their service really sucks.