cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which ISP to switch to???

Nix
Dabbler

OK, it seems to me that there are a lot of people that fall into the "1%" category of "heavy users". I for one have had enough. The problem is I’ve been with PN for so long that I have no idea who else offers a decent service.

In short I want a fast service with no or at the very least a realistic download cap no matter what time of the day it is.

Customer service at PN has kept me here but it simply can’t compete with the service they offer, it's terrible - I’ve read posts of user hitting the restriction limits within 4 days!!

So, please people, tell what you know about the competition, should I go Ace, Bulldog, Pipex......?

Thanks,

Dave.
9 REPLIES
ID
Grafter

There are other threads already locked of this nature and tbh Its unfair on plusnets own boards to ask for recommendations for other ISP's.
Nix
Dabbler

There are other threads already locked of this nature and tbh Its unfair on plusnets own boards to ask for recommendations for other ISP's.

Unfair.... LOL. Try subscribing to a massivly limited "unlimited" package, that’s unfair.

With all due respect (and I can honestly say I’m not the type to shout my mouth off on message boards) I REALLY feel cheated by PN. I've been with them for years and couldn't say enough good things about them. This is reflected in the 7 or so referrals I gave them. Now... after 3 or so years they have introduced limits that practically cripple my connection within weeks.

Sorry PN, it isn't good enough and I will continue to start forums of this nature until I either go or PN do something about it.

BTW Nildram are looking the hot favourite at the moment....

£24/month with a much nicer 50Gb cap. http://broadband.nildram.net/products/broadband2/
N/A

Sorry PN, it isn't good enough and I will continue to start forums of this nature until I either go or PN do something about it.

May I start a poll as to what is likely to happen first?
N/A

I think you might just win that one Ian Smiley

As mentioned earlier, whilst a level of frustration is understandable, these boards are for the community support and feedback for PlusNets products and services.

ADSL Guide is without doubt one of the best places for comparing other ISP's or seeking the opinions of others regarding recommendations.

In the meantime I will move this thread to Everything Internet where the discussion can continue.

Thanks.
N/A

£24/month with a much nicer 50Gb cap

Not sure if the fact Nildram class peak time as being between 8am and midnight is'nt going to take the shine off that a bit though.
N/A

I don't think anyone will be offering "unlimited" services, because they cannot afford to. Even Zen's new customers cannot get their old "unlimited" packages, and while the current accounts are not capped, once you exceed the traffic allowance you pay a pound per GB. Some other ISP charges 70p/GB but charges in 3 GB chunks, so 100 MB over your limit could be quite costly!

AG is certainly one place to look, but will have mostly criticisms (and a portion will be from ex-customers, of course, which can skew the way a particular ISP is viewed, when 75% are of the "xxx gives poor service" type).
Nix
Dabbler

£24/month with a much nicer 50Gb cap

Not sure if the fact Nildram class peak time as being between 8am and midnight is'nt going to take the shine off that a bit though.

Hi Sunhouse,

Does it really matter what peak time is when the cap is 5 times bigger.....Unless of course I've got this wrong.

Dave.
Nix
Dabbler

Hmmmm seeing as I’m completely self-centred and only care about materialistic things, I have to say that the Azures plug-in "speed Scheduler" has just raised a smile, there's a small chance I might be able to stretch my remaining 900 meg over the next two weeks until it's reset!
N/A

re 50 GB and peak time from 0800-0000....

With one ISP the "peak time" is only 6 hours, and the "quota" is 20 GB with a "fair use policy" to cover the rest of the time... there's a higher fee for 30 GB in peak hours (still under 20 quid).

However I bet the heavy users moan when contention kicks in. It's probably not as strict as PN but a minority seem unhappy on every ISP, don't they Cool