cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which FTP program?

N/A

Which FTP program?

Just wondering what the rest of you suggest is a good (and free Wink ) FTP program. I currently use the WS_FTP in the File Vault, but am finding now that it is quite cumbersome to use when trying to upload files I have located in different sub-directories.

Is there a suitable FTP program that will whizz through my files and upload only those that have changed since the last session?
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Which FTP program?

If you have IE6 then you don't need any FTP software.
just enter ftp://ftp.plus.net/htdocs/ and your straight into the htdocs directory.
Open your local directory using my computer and you can drag and drop files to the server.
N/A

Which FTP program?

Thanks John, but I can't get this to work. Isn't my username supposed to entered somewhere to access my htdocs?
The link you posted replies with an error "This page cannot be displayed" Cry
N/A

Which FTP program?

You need to enable this function in IE.

Goto "Tools" -> "Internet options"

In the "Advanced" tab, make sure "Enable Folder view of FTP sites" is ticked.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Which FTP program?

best I've used is flashFXP
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Which FTP program?

Thanks guys! Cheesy
N/A

Which FTP program?

best I've used is flashFXP

Looks good, but you still have to change to the correct directory on the FTP side to upload files from the corresponding local directory - at least thats how I see it.

Surely there must be a way of an ftp software being able to work out the directory structure of local files and upload them to the same directories on the ftp server?
N/A

Which FTP program?

First, this shouldn't be classed as FTP software.

Try looking for mirroring software.

IE should be able to do what you ask.

However, it will upload all files, not just renewed ones. Yet it copes with the directory structure fine.