cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where after plus.net?

N/A

Where after plus.net?

Im starting to look into a new ISP but sure others here have also started.
I download ~40-100Gb a month so classes as a heavy user and would also like to keep domain hosting for email. Line speed isnt an issue, maxdsl gives me 1.4Mb and was happy with 1Mb.

To save people going though the same list over and over, whats your choice if not with plus.net? It would be a shame to leave but I cant live with the 1990 level of dsl service im seeing.

Hoping it gets better
6 REPLIES
aeroalfie
Grafter

Where after plus.net?

Instead of posting this in Plusnet Community Support why not post it in general chat or ADSL guide forum.
N/A

Where after plus.net?

Ditto the above post, it's probably not a good idea to be requesting the details of other ADSL providers in the Plusnet support forum :roll:

However, I will post my recommendations in the hope that the mods will move this thread to General and allow it to remain.

The two ISPs which most ex-plusnet customers seem to be heading towards are Zen and Nildram both of which offer "high end" ADSL connections at reasonably competitive prices.

I am personally making the switch to BulldogBroadband for the simple reason that they are the only LLU supplier currently available through my exchange, and offer the services I require at a price I can afford.

HTH[/url]
N/A

Where after plus.net?

Worth remembering (and for the heavy users a disadvantage) that Zen's products now have limits. The cheaper "up to 8 Mbps" is about 25 quid with a 20 GB limit, while the 36 (?) quid account has a 50 GB limit, with additional traffic at cost (1 pound per GB) so someone would be paying a lot more if they transfer 100 GB a month (though I believe Zen only counts download traffic - BICBW).

No link to Zen - never used them, no plans to... just noticed they are perhaps no longer the "ideal ISP" if the traffic levels are high. Similarly, never used, no plans to, for AOL, but they have no quotas at all ! (and can be used with a router, no need to install the AOL software and mess your PC up).
N/A

Where after plus.net?

As pointed out above it is not a suitable thread for community support. Not because we want to keep everything in uniform but because it is a community support forum for Plusnet users about..well everything Plusnet.

It will be fine here and can live its life in happiness Smiley

Regards,
N/A

Where after plus.net?

ukonline seems to be a good place to go as well, however, just go to adslguide and see which gives you the best results and then check their forum to see what users think. Smiley
N/A

Where after plus.net?

Might as well add, since it's acceptable in this section, that I'm off too... Have asked for the MAC today. A number of reasons, which I won't bore people with!

Had to laugh a little at the "open and honest" line which PN has given for a while...

See this and ask staff why they "require" further information. It's just for their stats, not to do with getting your MAC at all, so hardly "honest" IMO.

Rats! If you get "problem loading" or similar try this other copy (first site is overloaded I guess Smiley )