cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I drop these Jokers (BT)

N/A

I have broadband from Plusnet, I believe throught BT LLU.

Plusnet have sent myself an email saying that they will move some exchanges to another LLU supplier.

Question; Can I cancel my BT phone line and rental charge when this happens and move to a VOIP for the phone?

I current pay once for BT and once for Plusnet, I'd like to go full Broadband for my computer and phone, hence reducing cost.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Simple answer NO you still need a phone line to connect to ADSL

BT use DSLMax not LLU, Tiscali use LLU but still using your exsisting BT phone line.
N/A

the only way to reduce the total cost is to change to a cable provider ie ntl, blueyonder etc and then move to a voip provider like plustalk, vonage etc.
The_10th
Grafter

Don't forget Carphone Warehouse will provide 'normal' PSTN phone service and not VOIP which you wouldn't want anyhow as emergency calls shouldn't be relied upon with VOIP. They also provide 8MB BB.
N/A

I believe for the benefit of ADSL, "BT line rental" will be renamed to something along the lines of "metallic path rental", in effect you will need to rent the metallic path from BT, or some other wholesale provider, in order to receive an ADSL service (naturally). SO there is no way around it unfortunately.