cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats better IE7 or the new firefox or somthing else

N/A

Hi all,

I'm currently using IE7 as my web browser and have been thinking of changing to firefox.I'm not having any difficulties with IE7 but just fancy a change.

Is this advisable and what are your preferences and why
i.e pros and cons.

Or is there another web brouser out there that is worth looking into.

Thanks
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Personally I like Firefox, it's very user friendly and has a large number of add-ons which come in very handy.
I know a number of people here use Opera, there is also Safari available on PC now instead of just Mac.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
holdtight
Grafter

Of all the browsers ive used and tested i still prefer firefox which i use as my main browser

IE7 did improve slightly over IE6 with its tabbed browsing and er tabbed browsing but its
still not as user friendly and easy to use as FF and as Chris says the add ons make it so
much more usable you can really mould it to your own way of working

Just my tuppence worth of course Wink
N/A

Over the last day and a half i've ran sort of an experiment I downloaded Opera and firefox.

I loved the quickdial feature on Opera it saves your favourite web pages on a tab and you just click the screen/webpage you want.Brilliant and probobly the main selling point of Opera.

Firefox I found really similar to the way I have my IE7 set up alough it does say there is a difference in browsing speed which i didn't really notice for me I think its personal judgement and i'm a bit lazy and can't be bothered setting up addons when i have everything I need on IE7.

I will say again that the quick dial feature in OPERA was brilliant and I think it is available for firefox.

Going to try SAFARI tomorrow to see what features it has to offer but so far the can't be bothered attitude is out- weighing the attractions other browsers have to offer.
N/A

i like firefox but.... you will find that compliant browsers can come unstuck with certain router interfaces etc and anything that uses activex eg some ssl vpn appliances like netgear, billion etc
although activex can be a security risk and isn't standards compliant, you will find it is being used more and more as microsoft gets a bit more hold of the market with iis and asp.
my advice would be to keep the two (removing ie can cause problems) and use firefox for end users. just hide the exe's