cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's this all about???

N/A

What's this all about???

Just tried to send a straight forward email - no attachment and got this back.

Denne meldingen er en opplysning om at meldingen du prøver å sende, er blitt satt i karantene av InterScan MSS.

Dette skyldes et filvedlegg. Fil vedlegg av feks *.txt vil slippe igjennom. Endre derfor navnet til filvedlegget.

-----------

This notification has been sent to inform you that a message has been quarantined by InterScan MSS.

This could be due to an file-attachment. You can rename the file-extension if you want to force this through InterScan MSS.

Never seen that before, don't know the foriegn language. Can anyone explainHuh

regs Chris
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What's this all about???

It is Norwegian and is an auto reply from a Norwegian email server which has for some reason blocked you email. It may not be for the reason given and may have been blocked by IP address or some other reason rather than for an attachment.
N/A

What's this all about???

Peter thanks for the reply. As far as I know the email was not sent to any Norwegian EM addresses, so how come I get this from a Norwegian email server. Also I sent this email to a group of recipients under blind cover and no one received it. V.strange!!

Regs Chris
N/A

What's this all about???

This is then likely caused by a spoofed from address.

Spammers use mass lists of e-mail addresses to send to. But at the same time, they uses these addresses to use as the from address.

Thus, if messages bounce for any reason, the notice goes to the person marked in the from address. In thsi case, you.
Community Veteran

What's this all about???

Mail can take very strange routes and depends entirely on where a particular destination is hosted and the hosting company routing methods or mail server locations.

Lots of mail goes to the US even though you may be sending it to a local UK website. Sometimes alternate routes are used when busy or when routing failures have occured.

In other words, it's impossible to tell what route an email will take.
N/A

What's this all about???

Thanks guys, luv that avatar acarr