cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's best way to setup two private email accounts?

N/A

I'm confused! Too much information! Perhaps somebody can help me?
I'm just setting up my wife with her own new PC, on my existing broadand connection with PlusNet.
We'll both be using OE6.

Is there some way to setup her own PluNet email account address, and be able to download her messages without having to download mine as well? (And vice-versa).

Can that be done using the 2 addresses myname@myaccount.plus.com and hername@myaccount.plus.com?

With those addresses it seems to me that whichever one of us first downloads the day's messages means that the other one of us won't be able download the same messages.

On this one existing PlusNet broadband account, is there another way that will give us individual access to our own messages? i.e privacy?

Hope that's clear enough for somebody to help...
TIA
Roy
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Yes, this can be done. You simply need to set up a new mailbox for the addresses you want and then set this up in your mail client. See this link for information on how to do this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Re: What's best way to setup two private email accounts?

Is there some way to setup her own PluNet email account address, and be able to download her messages without having to download mine as well?

I have never understood why people use PlusNet mail boxes to achieve such a simple task. Yes it's possible but completely unnecessary.

No need to set up anything with PlusNet.

You can have your email as husband@username.plus.com and your wife can use wife@username.plus.com (or for that matter child1@username.plus.com or child2@username.plus.com etc).

Then just use OE's message rules to download only your or your wife's email. So on her PC the rule would only download her emails, and on yours you would set rule not to download hers. This way you will get your emails plus any others sent to PlusNet such as postmaster@username.plus.com
N/A

My sincerest thanks to each of you. I'll read-up on both methods. Hopefully I'll find the best option for my wife and me. If not I'll be back...!
Roy
Community Veteran

If you have separate logins on the same PC or separate PCs then setup 2 email accounts via the email settings option on the left. Than make sure one email client also picks up your default mailbox and postmaster (if that is also a separate mailbox).
Nick_Russell
Grafter

If you have separate logins on the same PC or separate PCs then setup 2 email accounts via the email settings option on the left. Than make sure one email client also picks up your default mailbox and postmaster (if that is also a separate mailbox).

If you do this my way using message rules, as one account will only exclude one email address (wife@username.plus.com in my example) all other email including default and postmaster will be delivered to the other.
N/A

When I set up multiple email accounts, how do I collect emails from each account using the new webmail service? The old webmail systemof accountname+username doesn't seem to work and all I get are the default account mails.

I'm sure there's an instruction somewhere I haven't spotted!
Community Veteran

It works in exactly the same way, username+mailboxname (thats username, a plus sign and the mailbox name) and its associated password.