cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the call charges? where's the anytime option.....

Community Veteran

Could someone please calrify the new call charges for the plustalk service. The following page http://www.plus.net/residential/voice/tariffs.html says that evening and weekend call charges are included but the banner add states this is only for one month and only for the 1st 4000 to sign up. If I were to 4001 to sign up what would my call charges be for evening and weekend calls.

Also there appears to be a pay as you go and anything option as described on the product page http://www.plus.net/residential/voice/plustalk.shtml does anytime mean that i could make calls at any time for free for a fixed charge or is it that the product details page was rippied from another part of the site but not fully altered?

I cannot find a link to anytime details.

many thanks,

A.
8 REPLIES
N/A

I'm not sure about the call plan details, but...

If you have activated PlusTalk and at least on the PAYG package, you can view the call charge tarrifs, by looking at the tarrif page on the PlusTalk portal..

This can be found HERE
Community Veteran

I've not activated it yet and will not do so until I see the charhes properly and clearly displayed. I'm not going to pay £2.99 just to see the charges as canceling will incure the monthly charge just to get access in my account section.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

A
N/A

As I said, you don't need to pay anything to see the charges.

You can activate the PAYG package.
N/A

Being of a suspicious mind, when I sign up to any service that includes anything free, it's a three stage process:

1) Read the prices for the stuff that isn't free. If I like what I see, then ...

2) Read the T&C to make sure that "free" really means free and there aren't any catches hidden in the small print. If everything's OK, then ...

3) Sign up.

If I have to spend ages on (2) and actually sign up before I can get to (1), then I won't bother - I detest companies who don't put the prices up front, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

How to dissuade potential customers.
Yet another crazy decision from muddleheaded PlusNet - I'll be glad when I've left, keeping up with their mind-boggling "logic" is doing my head in.
arlehaven
Grafter

These are the tariffs as posted on the PAYg account:

UK Calls

Description Daytime* Evening** Weekend***
National Fixed Line 1.5p 1.0p 1.0p
Local Rate (0845) 7.5p 4.0p 4.0p
National Rate (0870) 8.5p 5.0p 5.0p
Freefone (0800) - - -
Vodafone Mobile 15.0p 10.0p 6.0p
O2 Cellnet Mobile 15.0p 10.0p 6.0p
Orange Mobile 15.0p 10.0p 6.0p
T-Mobile 15.0p 10.0p 6.0p
3 Mobile 20.0p 15.0p 6.0p

Daytime* Monday to Friday - 08:00:00 to 17:59:59
Evening** Monday to Friday - 00:00:00 to 07:59:59 &
18:00:00 to 23:59:59
Weekend*** Saturday and Sunday - 00:00:00 to 23:59:59
Fixed line PSTN

or see the tariffs here http://www.plus.net/residential/voice/plustalk.shtml
without signing up to anything.
N/A

I asked a similar question and recieved this repy http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35275
If you signed up for Anytime, then these will apply if you go over 3,000 minutes per month. And let's face it - this isn't likely.

They are also applicable for those customers who are on PAYG, or Eves and Weekends.

Community Veteran

cheers,

I tried asking plusnet for these figure and more details but nerver really got much of a reply.

There dosn't appear to be much info on the anytime costs anywhere. unless I'm looking in completly wrong place.

A
N/A

They have pages on their site that are not indexed. I have come across a few by accident. The modirator seems to know more than customer support.