Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wepage counter resetting

shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Wepage counter resetting

Can anyone explain why my webpage counter resets for no reason ? I use of the standard counter patches proposed by Plusnet, but every couple of months, the counter is suddenly zero-ed for no reason. I have no control over the counter, so I assume that it must be Plusnet who zeroes it.

Is there any way in which I can find out what the score was before Plusnet zero-ed it ?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Wepage counter resetting

Raise a ticket for support explaining the problem, the networks team might be able to retrieve the data and fix the problem.
How many digits is the counter in question? If it's only 2 or 3 are you sure it hasn't gone round the clock?

Chris
shermans
Rising Star

Wepage counter resetting

Thanks. I thonk you are right. I will raise a ticket.
No, there are plenty of fields available.
Thanks
N/A

Wepage counter resetting

I have the same problem as mine often resets which is most annoying when you are up to 33000 and it suddenly 0. If you tell them on the ticket what the count was they will reset to that. Most counters you can reset your self so I dont know why +nets you cant.

You can often find your old count by using Gogle and looking a the cached page
shermans
Rising Star

Wepage counter resetting

Rathr than wait for the response to the trouble tickey any longer, someone recommended an external counter service called Bravenet.com. It seems to be good, gives loads of statistics and full control, and is quick to load. I do not want to risk using the Plusnet counter any longer, so I have dumped it and installed Bravenet. :?