cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace

N/A

Webspace

Im currently designing a website which is going to have lots af audio files for download. I have permission of the owner of these audio files that they can be shared. I was just wondering, how would i go about getting more webspace. Is this possible at all?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Webspace

You can buy more space from PlusNet at something like £5 per 10MB per month. This is quite expensive.
There are cheaper hosts out there if you look with higher transfer limits.
Remember, there is also a daily transfer limited on your webspace.
N/A

Webspace

You can get free internet connections and a lot give you free webspace. You can get several of these put your files there and point ot them from your website.

The user wouldnt see any difference and that way its free. You may have to dial in to some of these to upload the files
N/A

Webspace

Using mwrights option, which is a good one - hadn't thought of that, you would have to dial into each of the free accounts every so often to keep the account live. This will depend upon each companies account policy. Some require a dial in once a month, others once every 3 months.
N/A

Webspace

Just how much web sapce do we get on Plusnet?
Community Veteran

Webspace

Depends on what service you signed up for. ADSL home surf 25Megs, most of the others 250 Megs, business products are different. You can check this here. Note the 50megs limit shown on that page no longer applies you can use all your allocation on the cgi server if you want.

So for ADSL Home its 250Megs + 50Megs cgi = total 300Megs. There are no current limits for MySQL database sizes but don't be greedy.
N/A

Webspace

I think the limit is what your account allows, spread over all servers (WWW, Frontpage, CGI). So I don't think you can add together - 250Mb for Home ADSL and no more.