cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace & Fax Number

N/A

Webspace & Fax Number

I am a broadband subscriber. I read that plus net provides webspace as well as a fax number to subscribers free of cost. I am intersted in getting my web page transferred to the plus net server and I am also interested in getting a fax number so that I can receive my fax messages as emails.
I phoned teechnical services and was told that help was available on the website. I have not been able to find instructions to activate/obtain a fax number and I would like to know how I can get my webpage uploaded on to my webspace. Your help would be appreciated.
JB.

Moderators note (by John) Topic moved from CGI forum as it is not connected with CGI
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Webspace & Fax Number

Its not easy to find but if you look under My accounts and then E-mail settings its there
Also what browser are you using as IE6 will let you upload directly without software?
N/A

Webspace & Fax Number

I finally was able to locate the place where I needed to activate the email. I have got my fax number. Thanks!
I am now working on getting my website uploaded. Have not yet figured that out.
May ask for more help!
Jude
N/A

Webspace & Fax Number

I am having the same problem with fax 2 email. I go to email settings and there are 3 options: Configure mailboxes, Spam Protection, and Anti Virus protection. In "Configure Mailboxes" there is a link to Fax-2-email, which simply returns me to the email settings screen. If there is a way to do it from this screen it is too well hidden for me!!! Could it be hidden because mine is a new account?
Community Veteran

Webspace & Fax Number

I've just tried it and it's there ok for me.
What type of account do you have?
I think it's not available for some account types.
N/A

Webspace & Fax Number

What account package are you on?

Access to this services is not available on certain accounts.

As for access on new accounts. The ability to access the setup is almost instantanious.
N/A

Webspace & Fax Number

ADSL Home surf - but I am not yet set up, so I am using my existing dial-up ISP connection to access Plus.net. I just saw the link to Fax-2-email and thought it worth investigating. Maybe there should be some indication that it is not available on all accounts? In fact, maybe it should be promoted more - availability would have been a factor in me choosing Plus.net! Smiley
Community Veteran

Webspace & Fax Number

See info here

The information is all there but in a rather negative way.
Home surf does not list fax2email as available but if you look at the info for home self install it does.
i agree with you that it should be clearer perhaps listing what is not available as well.

I'll raise this as an idea in the ideas and suggestions forum.
N/A

Webspace & Fax Number

Thanks I see (or rather don't see Cheesy ) now. Presumably I can upgrade my account at some time in the future to make use of it. I must admit I found it quite hard to see the differences between the accounts - the most noticeable one was the binary newsfeed which I wasn't interested in so I went for the cheaper option. Maybe a table layout with all the features listed would be the way to go. It would certainly be a good idea to update the references to fax-2-email to mention that it is not available on all accounts to save other peoples sanity!
N/A

Webspace & Fax Number

There are plenty of differances between the two.

To name but a few.

On home-surf, you can't use P2P software, as there functions are blocked.

On home-surf, you have no access to the PHP/CGI server, Frontpage or MySQL.

On home-surf, you only have 25MB of webspace (compared to 250MB on the higher packges) and no access to the webstats.