cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace BW Usage, Poss management?

N/A

Hi, i have been using my webspace on and off for years for small apps and drivers, useful for when i have to reformat and can just grab the things i need from online, i recently started using my site to host 2 avatars and have had a few emails saying you are slight ly over your usage, blah blah, however i recently was informed that my site had been "archived" and had to get it sorted out.

what i need to know is, now that it is sorted out, what could the problem be, the avatar pics are now about 26k in size and about 150x300 pixels, which, to me isnt that huge, is there any way of actually finding out what my usage is, e.g through the portal, like the view my usage for the up/downstream for the month? or some other tool, because to be honest the emails are useless, as by the time i get those im usually over anyway, i need to find out some way of checking during and before it goes over, obviously and something that could tell me if it is these avatars or something else causing the surge/problem

cheers
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Perhaps the best thing to use would be the webstats that are available on the portal.
Depending on the type of account you have you should be able to activate the "advanced" stats. (look under website settings on the left)
These give a mine of information showing how much data is being read from your sites and which files etc.
N/A

Thanks, That should help me alot, dont know how i missed it, though i have activated it, it takes 24 hours, we'll see.

cheers

Smiley
Community Veteran

Yes if you activate it now then the next "Stats run" will be done in the eary hours tomorrow morning.
It then keeps updating every night so you can see just what is being used and when throughout the month.
It also seems to store the months details for a year so you can always go back and look at the history.
All in all a very useful facility. Smiley