cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace Allocation ..???

N/A

can any-1 tell me.. the 250 meg free webspace that plus net gives us... is it all html.. or can we have it all as cgi... or is it split...Huh as i have just set up a forums group on my cgi webspace

+ what Bandwith do we get per month...Huh?? thanks.
7 REPLIES
N/A

The space can be divided however you like between the WWW, CGI and FP servers, as long as you don't exceed the limit in total for your account..

You get the same amount of bandwidth per day as you get space. So if you have 250mb of space, you get 250mb of bandwidth (per day) - which is about 7.5 gb per month.
N/A

thanks 4 the quick reply... so what your saying is if i only used cgi web... i get all 250 meg on there...Huh

+ what happens if i start to get short of space...Huh can i up the size.. with plus net..

many thanks..
N/A

You could use all of it on the CGI, or a bit on the CGI and a bit on the WWW. However you like really, so long as when you add up how much you use on each server it doesn't exceed your limit.

The idea of paying for additional webspace has been raised, and accepted, by PlusNet. See the details of it HERE.
N/A

Isn't there something about only 50Mb on CGI, or could it be te SQL database size ?Huh
N/A

There used to be the limit of 50mb on the CGI server, but that has been removed. You can now share out your space allowance across all three servers if you like.
N/A

If that is correct, then a little note for Plusnet , change the details in https://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=41
Here it says 50Mb towards the bottom of the page. I am sure there may be other areas it's mentioned as well.

Moderators note (John) Unnecessary quote removed.
Community Veteran

Yes the documentation is wrong. It should hopefully be updated with the re-vamping of the portal in the middle of this month.

What has caused this change is the upgrading of the cgi server a few months ago. It was apparently a single machine which would have been overloaded if people used more than 50meg of space. It is now a cluster of machines and can cope as well as the main server. Hence the removal of the limits.