cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websites

N/A

Websites

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone could help me, I,ve set up a domain thru Plusnet but its for a friend and wanted to know if e-mails sent to the domain name can be redirected to his PC instead of coming to mine if u see wot I mean.........
If this is the wrong forum to ask this I appologise, tried to post on the web site forum but was told only moderators could post there

Regards

Marty Wink
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

Websites

First you have to understand how emails for domains work.

You don't have separate mailboxes for your domains. Email directed at a domain will always appear in a plusnet mailbox of the same name. i.e. fred@domain.co.uk will go into the mailbox called fred@username.plus.com. bert@domain.co.uk -> bert@username.plus.com.

Knowing this, you can add a redirect to a mailbox via the Email Settings link under My Account. So you could redirect all mail received by bert@username.plus.com to someone@anotherdomain.co.uk etc.

However, you need to add a redirect for every name you want redirecting. You can't have a wildcard redirect. You also can't redirect named mailboxes - these are mailboxes you have specifically setup that you access via username+mailboxname.