Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Created with Frontpage

kathie1101
Grafter

I am hoping someone can help me:
I have created a website with Frontpage and have published it to http://fp.domain.plus.com and then uploaded the index and dummy files from Moonphase so that my site can be viewed from my domain name - www.domain.co.uk.  
The problem I have is that when I view my site, when I hover over the links down the left hand side it shows the addresses as "http://fp.domain.plus.com/...." rather than "http://www.domain.co.uk/......."  I know this is only a minor thing but is there anything I can do to change this.
Many thanks for any help
kathie
dick:blue Site address edited out.
29 REPLIES
mossgrove
Grafter

I don't think there is anything you can do about this.  The links are showing the addresses of files in your fp space and will be created by FrontPage itself - domain.co.uk points to your ftp space which is where the files aren't (if you follow me).
Dick:blue Domain edited out.
kathie1101
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. As you may have guessed I am pretty new to all this. I previously had my website with my old ISP, no demain name or anything, so I am pretty clueless about how domain forwarding and such work.

One other question, is this because I am using Frontpage to publish my web, or would it still happen no matter what I used to publish it?

Kathie
N/A

Kathie

I use front page to create my web site, but I found using the http://fp.xxxx process a bit frustrating and have reverted to plain old FTP.

In Front page, when you go to publish your site, type in ftp.username.plus.net, all the web page files need to go into the HTDOCS file for them to work.

If you do this then your links will show as normal as opposed to them being preceeded by FP.xxxxxxx

Hope this helps.

:lol:
kathie1101
Grafter

Hi

Thanks for the help, I have now got the problem fixed. I uploaded using CuteFTP, and now it is fine.

Kathie
N/A

Note, that if using Frontpage to make a website that you are going to put in normal ftp (username.plus.net) wespace, you will not be able to use most frontpage extensions. Most frontpage extensions will only work on the frontpage server.
kathie1101
Grafter

Hi

Yep I already found that out. I had originally uploaded my site to the frontpage server, but that was where I was having the problem. I have now been able to upload it successfully, direct to my domain, using CuteFTP, the only change I had to make was to change my hit counter, as the one I had was a frontpage one.

Kathie
N/A

Front Page

I to have the same problem as Katie.

On my old ISP when you uploaded to your webspace it gave you addreses such as

www.myspace.com/index.htm
www.myspace.com/price.htm etc

Has anyone come up with a solution as I current ftp upload to the HTDOCS file but can't use the Front Page Extensions.

Is there a way of having web space with another company then pointing our web site to other web space ?

Please can someone help ?

Regards,
Philip
Community Veteran

Yes you can use a HTML redirect similar to the one located at http://www.moonphase.plus.com

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): URL corrected for you, to point to the Homepages Server rather than the static IP]
rhosybol
Grafter

To upload to htdocs I go to ftp.plus.net login and copy the files across I assume that this can't be done with the FP server?

I have just tried in Cute FTP to get to the FP web space with the following details:

Host Address
ftp.username.plus.net

is that correct?

I assume that if for example I had a feedback form on my domain at www.bond-net.co.uk/feedback (URL used as example) I would redirect the page to the page on the FP server, if this is the case if there a way to mask the URL on the address bar so that it looks like you are still on bond-net.co.uk/feedback?
Community Veteran

Yes you cant use cute ftp and yes thats what you would need to do with your redirects.

Chris
rhosybol
Grafter

For the host address I have put
ftp.rhosybol.plus.com

Cute tells me that this is invalid.
Community Veteran

Yes that will be invalid.
The host is just ftp.plus.net then you will have entered your user name and password in the required fields.
Then you can either leave the remote directory blank or put htdocs or a folder name if you want it to start there when you open the program.
You will then need to tell it the local directory on your machine where the files are stored ready for uploading.
N/A

Hi
I use frontpage for site building, and use WSFTP for uploading to htdocs, also got a feed back form on there and counter, both using the code detailed in the CGI help, form & counter scripts.The form & counter both work
rhosybol
Grafter

When I go to ftp.plus.net in Cute or in IE ftp://ftp.plus.net I see the htdocs folder that contains all the other files that are on the normal webspace so do I just upload the files into this folder?

If I made a feedback forum in FP and uploaded to the FP space in a folder called feedback what would be the URL I would direct the user to?