cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webpage help and Frontpage

N/A

Just built a webpage using webpage wizard but it wont let me put a link to my e-mail address, i got this reply from support "This functionality is not available in the website builder, you can however do it with html, the tag being as in the attached text file". I have frontpage and it also active on plusnet, but when i open my webpage and go to file and edit with frontpage i edit it and save it and when i go back to the page there no change.

I'm a real novice at this and have not got a clue what i'm doing, all i want to do it put my e-mail address on the page for people to click on and mail me, i dont have to use frontpage. How can i do this, its very frustrating.

thanks
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Frontpage will only save to your local harddisk, you then need to upload it to your webspace.
PlusNet provide you with 2 different types of webspace, FP space (for Frontpage extensions) and normal webspace.

If you are using the normal webspace (which you are) then you need to use something like FTP to upload it to your webspace, this isnt always the simiplest option but it will teach you the most.

Forget about that website wizard its a total waste of time.

Chris
N/A

Thanks Chris
So now i have saved it to my H/D with Frontpage, how can i change from normal webspace to FP, my frontpage is active on Plusnet, did it a while ago, cant remember if plus sent me anything back, so how do i upload it back to plusnet using FP

thanks
N/A

I think i've done it Cheesy
N/A

how did you do it, cos when i activated my FP on +net, i got no details :S
marc
Community Veteran

Use http://fp.yourusername.plus.com as the server adress port 80, normal username and password when prompted, remember it is case sesative. If you cant get it to work via Frontpage try using Webfolders through Network Neighberhood or My Network Places. Check Windows help for this if your not sure.

Chris
N/A

great thanks Cheesy

i love this thing (forum)

guess if i use dreamweaver i can just ftp the files etc

marc