cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam stream.

N/A

Webcam stream.

Hi, -

I wanna set up a webcam and stream it on the internet but I don't really understand how to do it. I have searched and found some websites http://www.commercialnetworkservices.com/streamingmedia/howtosetupawebcam.htm but I get lost in the process.

I've downloaded Windows Encoder 9, in the Set Up Wizard I get lost on the Output, I don't understand what I need to put for:

Server Name:
Publishing Point:
Copy Settings From:

I'm not very good when it comes to these things. Could anyone please help, explaine how to set up my webcam so I could stream it onver the internet?

I'm on XP, have Logitech Cam, Windows Encoder 9 and ADSL (PlusNet).

Thank you =)
3 REPLIES
fastpipe
Grafter

Webcam stream.

I have never done that before but give me a few mins, then ill write a little tutorial for you Smiley
fastpipe
Grafter

Webcam stream.

To set up a webcam you will need to install the windows media encoder, which basically grabs the video from your webcam then puts it into a format that can be streamed over the internet. Once you do that you will have to open ports: 5800, 5900 & 7007 only if you have a router. If you are connecting to plusnet with a modem they supplied or any other usb modem you will only have to open those ports in your firewall (if you have one). Then use the code on the site to connect to the filename.asx file. But if that is pretty complicated for you at the moment, You can try software called 'WebcamXP' which basically makes a nice little website on your computer so people will only need to goto http://80.80.80.80 for example, depending on your IP ofcourse. WebcamXP even makes a little noise when someone views your webcam, and you can even talk to them in a chat window! If you are interested you can goto www.webcamxp.com to download a trial Smiley
N/A

Webcam stream.

Wow, Thank you VERY MUCH fastpipe, I will try this out tonight CheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesy