cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web traffic exceeds

N/A

Web traffic exceeds

Hi y'all.

My web traffic has exceeded the allowed max due to a number of my songs I've made available.

I have raised a ticket to get the site back up, stating I will be removing stuff at 5pm or thereabouts (which I will do), but I am wondering if I'll actually be able to get into my site via FTP to make the relevant changes to slow the traffic down?

I am currently at work and can't get to my webspace in any way.

Has anybody else experienced this that can advise?

Thanks,

Ian E
4 REPLIES
lowry
Grafter

Web traffic exceeds

I'm not sure, but as far as I know PlusNet archive your site if you exceed your bandwidth allowance (250Mb a day on Residential accounts, and usually 500MB a day on business accounts) and you will need to raise a ticket for it to get put back and for your site to become accessible again.

I would think that you wouldn't be able to access your site via FTP until your ticket requesting te website be put back has been actioned, but I'm not 100% sure.

matt Wink
N/A

Web traffic exceeds

I would think that you wouldn't be able to access your site via FTP until your ticket requesting te website be put back has been actioned, but I'm not 100% sure.

Are you sure? I'm just guessing if you your site was stopped, and you couldn't get access, how you could you make any changes without the access?

It's only a guess as I honestly don't know.
Community Veteran

Web traffic exceeds

When a site is archived, all files are removed from your webspace so even if you can FTP to it, you will see nothing.

You have to wait until PN action your ticket and say your files are back in your webspace before you can do anything.
N/A

Site down

Hi again, just to let you know that I rang up PN and was told to raise a ticket.

My site was back up again very quickly and when I got home I was able to remove the files that were so attractive to the world at large. Tongue