cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web accelerator programmes

N/A

Hi there all,

Does any1 know of any good free web accelerator programmes for broadband/dsl connection i've had a couple and none of them seem to work,I recently tried the google web accelerator and it actually tells you how much time it has saved you loading web pages well for over two weeks it was a big fat zero Cheesy .I have a slight feeling these are only for dial up connections. :idea:
3 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

If you use Firefox, I find that making these tweaks makes pages load much faster on a DSL connection.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

grimme
Grafter

Or for FireFox there's an extension called FasterFox available from the Mozilla Firefox website that optimises the browser.

As far as web accelerators go, I've only used a paid-for one called Onspeed (www.onspeed.com.

It does not support DSL Max'ed connections very well though, but works a treat on the up to 2mb fixed rate speeds.

You can also customise the level of acceleration you want as it uses compression techniques to achieve the speed.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Whooshhhhh!

One thing to say about this, it works, only wish I'd known about it earlier. Piece of cake to implement too.

Okay two things to say. Can't do same in http://www.apple.com/safari/ (now available for Windows XP?Vista) but that's fast already. :lol: