cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Site Counter

N/A

Web Site Counter

Hi

Recently joined +N and this is first post/query to this forum.

Just about to go "live" with my web site having now transferred it from my old ISP.

Query : I would llike to use one of the +N hit counters but would like it to "continue" from the number achieved on the other ISP. Is this possible? If so, who do I talk with?

Thanks for any help.

LesB
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Web Site Counter

Unfortunately the Plusnet hit counters are not ajustable or even resetable Cry
I just wish they were.
You could put something like "Hits since 26th August 2003" before the numbers which would indicate to visitors it's a fresh counter.
N/A

Web Site Counter

I beg to differ on that I have in the past gone to my page and found the counter has gone back to 0. After a lot of arguing +net reset it back to my orginal count so yes it can be reset.

This is a service that could be put on the portal its a simple thng to do and lets you set your own count, U-net let you do it.

If you old counter is active you could put that in front of your new one I did this for a company

http://www.blocksealer.co.uk

so it shows a high number and you can see which is from the new site but others dont they only see the total
Community Veteran

Web Site Counter

I beg to differ on that I have in the past gone to my page and found the counter has gone back to 0. After a lot of arguing +net reset it back to my orginal count so yes it can be reset.

I did mean in my first post that there is no way you can reset it yourself.
I dont doubt that if you shout loud enough the Plusnet will reset it for you. But I can't see them being too helpful if this was a regular occurance.