cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Cam Broadcast

N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

Dear PlusNet, I don't suppose you could tell me which software (or recommend some software) you use to broadcast your WebCams?? Thank you. MariGlenn.
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Web Cam Broadcast

The cameras used are basically stand alone camera with a mini built in webserver and enternet port made by a company called Axis, they are pretty expensive compared to your normal run of the mill cameras.

Chris
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

Yes, however, thery are a lot faster and have far better applications than most standard webcams.
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

I just got WebCam2000 working, see http://www.webcam2000.info/download.html for a download.
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

I'll give WebCam2000 a try, hodgsob. Thanks for that.
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

Just remember that if you are using a router you will need to 'forward' the correct port of the machine with the cam attached.
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

I do have a router, hodgsob, but thanks to my old ISP, who will remain anonymous (V21!!!) I no longer have my ADSL connection due to the feckless dimwits who work there!
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

You'll not be wanting to run a webcam over dial-up then.
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

Just installed it to have a quick "shuffty", it seems only to transmit still pictures at a maximum of 1 frame per second. What I would really like is something a little smoother, a little more video-like. But it is certainly better than the application I was using before.
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

If you find some free software that does real-time video streaming, please let me know.
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

Will do! Cheesy Actually the application I have been using (whose name escapes me at the moment) is allegedly capable of 20 frames per second, which should be more than enough. In reality it is much less than this, more like 1 frame every 3-5 seconds. I will try it again when I get my PlusNet Broadband up and running. I had Broadband before, but that's a sore point at the moment.
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

Axis Network cameras are the best.. run on the linux open source, but yup they are expensive if you are not seriously wanting one.

Im saving up for the 2120 it's around £980 Smiley
maybe by May maybe......

If you have dialup you may want to look at making a web page which refreshes your cam images every 30 seconds or so, then using good software like Ispy webcam or Webcam32 you can set it to take a snap and upload.

When you get broadband you can try the streaming cam, like www.webcamxp.com for example. but its no use if you have dialup, for dialup modems go to Ispy or Webcam32.
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

Windows Media Encoder is (I believe) capable of streaming at near-video rates. However, you need to use Windows Media Player to open these streams, which might be considered a downside. Also it only runs on Windows.
N/A

Web Cam Broadcast

I use two applications, Active WebCam and Broadcaster (both by PYSoft) and they work perfectly adequately. I get refresh rates of around 11 fps which isn't too bad. The Broadcaster uses Windows Media Encoder and Media Player and can broadcast live video and audio at a more than acceptable quality! Provided you use Broadband for both applications, of course!!