cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web-Based Telnet?

N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

Hey,

On my account i have access tp telnet the cgi.plus.net server, im at scool and dont have command promt, but want to access telnet, the access i do have is the web, maybe other ways but i dont know, i want to know is there a program or script or something i could put on my cgi server space to access telnet, web-based?

Thanks in Advanced,

Tim
12 REPLIES
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

There are a few java based SSH clients (SSH is a secure version of telnet), however, you can only use these provided your school has a PlusNet connection.

CGI ftp and telnet access is restricted to when you use a PlusNet connection.
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

Dont think they do, cant there be where the cgi server conects to the cgi telnet, or something?
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

There probably are, but they are pretty damned insecure and probably break the AUP.
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

Ok, But is there a script, or something i can put on the cgi server, to give me telnet access, and if so what/where is it?
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

Look in the usual places

http://www.hotscripts.com/

Remember to make sure anything you choose is complient with the AUP.
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

Ok, What type of things would'nt?
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

Read the AUP here and the T&C here.

You should get an idea what is and isn't allowed from them.
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

Ok, so can any one recommend me a idea? script? or something, that im allowed to do?
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

hi, at my old school (left last week CheesyCheesy) we didn't have access to command either, but there are a few back doors i used to get one Wink

if you create a .bat file and tell it to open cmd or command it will give you a cmd box, just use notepad to creat the bat file, worked for me Cheesy

Johnathan

PS. just tryed it again at home, be sure not to call the bat file cmd or command otherwise it keeps on re-executing it self
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

That is the good old backdoor that allows you to open a command window on your computer.

This isn't the problem here.

PlusNet do not allow incoming Telnet, SSH or FTP connections from IP addresses that are not in there customer or server ranges.

So even if you do have a command window to use, unless your school uses a PlusNet dialup, leased line or ADSL connection, then you can't connect and edit on the CGI server.
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

At skool, we use mac os x so there is no cmd, and if the skool isnt on plus net, i thought of another way to do it,

I could put a script on the cgi server to connect to the cgi telnet, so i could be web-based, which means i would not be connecting to telent from scool directly, the cgi server would connect to telnet, and school would go thought the script, only problem is, what script? would this work,

Thanks in advanced,

Tim
N/A

Web-Based Telnet?

i've tried some web-based java applets to connect to the cgi server without success

MacOS X has the "terminal" as something similar to cmd - my school hasn't blocked its use for some reason but they just recently blcoked port 22 Sad