cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoipCheap

psk10
Grafter

VoipCheap

Has anyone used a Voip phone with VoipCheap as they say use Sipdiscount ?

www.18866.com
www.1899.com
www.voipcheap.com
www.sipdiscount.com
www.voipbuster.com
7 REPLIES
N/A

Sipgate

If what you're asking is if anyone has used www.sipdiscount.com with an Analogue Telephone Adapter (ATA) then yes I am currently using it. This is simply an adapter that transform any ordinary phone into a VOIP phone (including DECT). I have a Grandstream Handytone 486 ATA and I use www.sipdiscount.com for all landline calls which are absolutely free! You can buy these adapters for around £34 on ebay at the minute but use www.sipgate.com help area to help you set it up as support on www.sipdiscount.com is rather limited.

I would recommend getting this device over the Linksys PaP available on www.broadband buyer as it has a PSTN pass through which means you will not have to give people a 0845 number to ring you as you can continue to use your analogue service. If somebody phones you on your number you just pick up the phone. If you want to dial out on analogue (and I do because the catch with sipdiscount is the cost of calling mobiles at 18p) then I simply dial *00 to use analogue and the dial tone changes and then you are on analogue - this is cheaper for me as I subscribe to BT CallMobile discount at £1.50 per month and mobiles are then from 6p per minute. But all my landline calls are free simply by dialing from voip (initial dial-tone) using the 0044xxxxxxxxxxx format. Only criticism I have is that I have lost callerID but this is a small price to pay.

The device may be tricky to set up if you have little computer knowledge but the calls are top class and you wouldn't know the difference. Only a slight echo on some calls - if you are doing a lot of P2P or downloading and plan to do the two at the same time forget it!

I don't know why anyone would use a voip service that charged for local calls or a subscription fee. The service for sipdiscount is basic and there is little support but I will never pay for a landline again...note that this includes the rep. of ireland, united states and many other countries for absolutely nothing!

Hope this helps
N/A

Re: VoipCheap

Has anyone used a Voip phone with VoipCheap as they say use Sipdiscount ?

It is not possible to do this, you have to use their application. SIPDiscount is run by the same company anyway.

Tim
psk10
Grafter

VoipCheap

You can get a phone that works well with VoipCheap from Picstop
www.picstop.co.uk and theres software with it but i found the website had a better version at www.yamamoto-group.co.uk .im really pleased with it.
N/A

VoipCheap

How did you set up your phone to use VoipCheap?

Tim
psk10
Grafter

VoipCheap

Download the software ,plug in your phone , go into VoipCheap ,then settings
change settings for sound device,speaker phone,ringsettings to usb audio ,enable automated volume control,what i did have to change was when i came listen to music it was playing through the phone ,so i went to control panel and sounds and audio devices and had to put my pc speakers back to the normal settings and all is working fine now,in VoipCheap you need to go into connections and select Hi speed or dialup ,

Download the software from www.yamamoto-group.co.uk
i did try one from Maplin but could not get it to work with VoipCheap and i email Dual that make the cordless phone for Skype said it wont work with anything but Skype ,
N/A

VoipCheap

OK, so essentially you are using the phone as a microphone and loudspeaker for your PC with the software that VoipCheap provide.

I still believe that it is not possible to use an ATA or IP phone with VoipCheap.

Tim
psk10
Grafter

VoipCheap

It doe,s work as a Phone , it dials numbers,press the green button it brings up the VoipCheap screen page,dial the number press green again it connects your call ,press red it disconnects your call. can you do do that with headphone/microphone ? why don,t you call Picstop the guys very helpful. there number is 08700555552 , but they are closed till the 3rd they are also the cheapest only charging £16.90 for it +pp the other firms charge more ,the service is very good i ordered it on a Sunday and it was delivered on Tuesday morning .Also i must tell you VoipCheap Do Not supply software or settings the only settings available are for SipDiscount and they are not the same.

Wishing Everyone @ Plusnet ,the Moderators ,and friends of the forums a HAPPY NEW YEAR.