cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voip

psk10
Grafter

Voip

Iv a Voip service that beats both called VoipCheap ,works well and is much cheaper .

www.voipcheap.com
17 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Voip

Iv a Voip service that beats both called VoipCheap ,works well and is much cheaper .

www.voipcheap.com

It apears that thr phone calls are only free for ONE MINUTE unless you sign up using your Credit/Debit card.
psk10
Grafter

Re: Voip

Totally incorrect ,you pre pay for credit via either Pay Pal or Visa which are secure sites and then various countries are free or very cheap i tried it 1st with £5.00p which lasted a long time i call the US alot and speak for ages and find it is very cheap and the UK is FREE and tells you prior to connection of your call ,the service is 1ST class.now iv been sent a phone number for incoming calls and it works well ,the best part is no monthly charges.
Phil_Collins
Grafter

VoipCheap really is Cheap!

I have been using VoipCheap for the last three months I bought £1:00 of credit with my debit card when I signed up and still have £0:93p left , having made one 14 minute call to Spain 0:5p per minute. I have a FREE voip in geographical number [0161] which can be called from any landline/mobile at regular prices.

This product is superb and and VERY cheap.

Ireland free
Netherlands free
Portugal free
United Kingdom free
United States 0.5p per minute

I now use nothing else to make phone calls all for FREE within the uk.

Until Naked Broadband is widely available I would advise anyone not to sign up with someone offering a voip service that charges a service charge, especially not PlusNet who are charging exorbitant prices for a calls and also an additional charge for the service , there software is not very user friendly either, they seem to be jumping on the telephony bandwagon at the expense of their broadband customers who they are throttling and capping in order to free up bandwidth in order to take advantage of the growing voip market and potential profits and forgetting their primary purpose as an ISP.

PC
Phil_Collins
Grafter

VoipCheap Rates

N/A

Voip

You should try getting yourself an ATA and use www.sipdiscount.com (sister company) so that you can use your ordinary DECThouse phone. I can vouch that it too has the same kind of rates and if you pick the right ATA (Analogue Telephone Adapter i.e. mines is Grandstream Handytone 486) you can have a PSTN pass through. What this means is that you can still use your old analogue service and its number for incoming calls and not pay a penny for landline calls, the same as VOIPcheap.
CJC1942
Grafter

Voip

I've used Voipcheap for a while now having paid £5.00 a while back and used it for my business calls as well as personal calls still have £4.97 left.
Australia is also on the free calls to landlines list.
I've also got a free landline phone number from voipcheap.

I've been through the Skype, 18866, 1899, etc and route still have accounts with them but find Voipcheap the best deal at the moment.
The advantage with those providers is the simplicity of set-up compared to the SIP companies.

I'm about to check out http://www.cleverates.com/ for 1p/min calls to mobiles via an access number. Anybody using them or know anything about them?

CJC
N/A

Voip

I'm about to check out http://www.cleverates.com/ for 1p/min calls to mobiles via an access number. Anybody using them or know anything about them?

It is highly likely that this will only be an introductory rate, but while it lasts, go for it!

Tim
wheelnut
Grafter

Voip

Another good one I use is www.voipstunt.com, totally free to:-

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Chile
China
Croatia
Cyprus
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Gibraltar
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Monaco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Singapore
Slovak Republic
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
United Kingdom
United States
N/A

Voip

Another good one I use is www.voipstunt.com

Their website looks suspiciously like VoipBuster, but the company running it is shown as Betamax GmbH & Co. KG rather than Finarea SA - I wonder whether they are connected. It also appears that you have to use the VoipStunt software to use the service.

Tim
N/A

VOIP Cheap

I've been using www.voipcheap.com for about a year. Can anyone recommend a VOIP Cordless Phone, which will work without being connected to Broadband?
Thanks in anticipation.
N/A

Re: VOIP Cheap

I've been using www.voipcheap.com for about a year. Can anyone recommend a VOIP Cordless Phone, which will work without being connected to Broadband?

Do you have an ADSL connection, as VoIP will not work very well on a dial-up connection? You cannot use the VoipCheap service with an ATA or a SIP IP phone, but you can use the SIPDiscount service (which is owned by the same company) instead.

Tim
N/A

Voip

Many thanks for your response, Tim. I'm sorry, but I have confused you. What I should have said is that I do use Broadband, but I would like to know whether I can use a Cordless VOIP Phone without having our Computer switched on. I was told that it was possible, but I would like to know how it is activated?
Many thanks.
N/A

Voip

What I should have said is that I do use Broadband, but I would like to know whether I can use a Cordless VOIP Phone without having our Computer switched on.

Your best bet would be to buy an ATA (Analogue Telephone Adaptor) and use a standard cordless phone with it. Do you use a router or a USB modem to connect to ADSL?

Tim
N/A

Voip

Hi Tim - I use a USB Modem to connect. If I use an Analogue Cordlesss Phone, would the voice quality be clear? Which Cordless Phone would you recommend?
Thanks, once again.

Helen