cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus warning

N/A

Virus warning

It seems they're getting more prolific. Spotted another one in my mailbox today.

subject:
re: Here is the document.

attachment: yes

length 25kb.

Needless to say it didnt hang around long. Keep your virus definitions up to date guys and be on the lookout.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Virus warning

I agree. This morning I received 13 spams (in another ISP's mailbox) and four of them, allegedly from different sources, had attachments and all were 41K. The subject lines were: Re Development; Re Message; Re Your Document; and Re Product. I routinely delete all content in the spam folder and if any of them are genuine - tough!
N/A

The virus with Re: as the subject line

Every day I am receiving around 5 or 7 emails that contail re: in the subject line and a pif attachment. How do I stop them from getting through or can't I? I'm not on a network, it's just me at home so it's very easy to spot them but it's driving me nuts!
Community Veteran

Virus warning

I guess you are just using your default mailbox to collect mail?

1. Set up a named mailbox eg. fred which you call by username+fred so your email address becomes fred@username.plus.com
2. Only tell people who need to know your new address what it now is.
3 set up a divert so that all mail going to you current address is sent to blackhole@abuse.plus.com

You set the above up by using the Email settings on the left of this page.
This should stop the spam for a while, and you can then change the mailbox name if it starts up again.