cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus attacks

N/A

Virus attacks

My PC keeps getting attacked by something called MSRPCSS. Does anyone know what it is. It's only started about a week ago. Evil
5 REPLIES
N/A

Virus attacks

Hi there,

Could be the old Blaster Worm.

What operating system are you using and what antivirus software are you running.

Also, what is the exact error or message you are getting?
N/A

Virus attacks

I agree that it could be the blaster worm, and lack of response may be because internet connectivity has been lost.
A good place to start is Symantec Security Response

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Shortened long URL as it was stretching the page]
N/A

Virus attacks

This attack if from an exe file available on some hacking sites
you just run
msrpcss.exe <victimipaddress>
Processing exploit request (Microsoft RPC DCOM MSO3-026)...
Using payload: winadduser

It trys to add a new user so you need to check the users on your system to ensure no new ones have apeared control panel admin tools computer managment
Community Veteran

Virus attacks

Even when you have decent antiviral software installed (I use AVG), It never hurts to occasionaly test your machine for anything that might have slipped through, and here is the perfect place to do it... Free and effective. http://housecall.trendmicro.com Just select the scan your PC option
N/A

Virus attacks

Even better have you tried Dr Web cure-it
it found a Trojan that all the opthers couldn't get. It is a bit unusual to set up though after the initial scan, absolutely brill for another freebie to the collection.